Easiyo Home Made Yoghurts

Options
mikerouse
mikerouse Posts: 33 Member
I bought an Easiyo yoghurt maker recently and enjoy making my own. It's a massive cost-saving over the price of shop-bought yoghurt. However, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or methods.

For example, I want to make the Skimmers yoghurt thicker in texture - how can I do that? So far I have tried "cooking" it twice and using half the amount of cold water.

Any other recipies, tips, advice welcome!

Does anyone else on here have an Easiyo maker? I'd like to add you to my friends.

Replies

• abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't have yogurt maker but did used to make my own yogurt, using some jars, a fish tank and a couple of light bulbs. Seriously....that's all you need. You just need to keep the yogurt between 104 - 110 degrees (don't quote me on that, it's been a while!!) But what we did to get thicker yogurt was to use milk with a higher fat content. Granted this was for someone who was trying to gain weight, but the 18% cream made divinely thick yogurt, even a mix of whole milk with a bit of half and half would be good. Plus it's super filling. But you can always just strain the yogurt you've made with cheese cloth, like you're making yogurt cheese to get rid of some of the excess moisture.

I personally prefer a higher fat yogurt. I find it more satisfying and filling, and I eat less of it. But to each his own. I hope this helps some.
  • mikerouse
    mikerouse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It does. Thank you. I shall experiment by making it up with some skimmed milk and then working up from there.