Help selecting activity level

I'm a bit stuck selecting which activity level when calculating my calorie intake levels. I'm a full time motor vehicle technician which means I'm on my feet 7-8 hours a day. I do 2 X full body sessions a week with weights I can move 3 X 10. I also do a 1 hour session of either boot camp or 45 min hiit session a week. I selected moderate as my MFP level and wanted to check this was correct.

many thanks

steve

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Remember your exercise isn't part of your activity setting on this site.
    You log it separately after the event and get an estimated allowance on top of your normal (non-exercise) daily goal.
  • steveseymou
    steveseymou Posts: 3 Member
    * I selected active as my activity level in MFP
  • steveseymou
    steveseymou Posts: 3 Member
    Oh i see. Thanks For That. Do you need to purchase the full app so it can count calories lost through workouts etc?

Thanks
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,141 Member
    Between physical type work (lifting, wrenching, banging etc) and assuming you're working a full shift I would not be surprised if you're at very active or above.

Are trying to maintain or lose?

Pick a level, monitor your results for a few weeks and adjust based on your results.

A weight trend application or web site may be able to help you differentiate between water weight variations and changes to your underlying weight level.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Oh i see. Thanks For That. Do you need to purchase the full app so it can count calories lost through workouts etc?

Thanks

No, you can log your exercise on the free end as well

Active is probably pretty likely for your job description. Give yourself a few weeks to log everything as accurately as possible, then adjust up or down based on your results.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    What descriptor best describes you day to day not including exercise...pick that one.

The descriptor makes no mention of exercise because it isn't included in your activity level if you're doing MFP as designed. To account for exercise, you log it after the fact and get additional calories.