Home DIY

Options
Why is there no DIY section? i.e painting,decorating....

could anyone tell me how much calories painting a room i could use up...roughly

Replies

• mohawk1971
    mohawk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Normally for tasks similar to that I wear my HRM to take calories burned. If I am maintaining a HR of 50% plus through the work I normally count those calories burned toward exercise and just modify an existing exercise type or create a new one.
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's probably not on MFP for the same reason they just removed it from LiveStrong. They want us to perform fitness routines.
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I would google it, bet it comes up for you. :)
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    Thanks for the replys, i googled it and saw a website that calculates it for you....for and 60 mins painting it says that i roughly burned 500 calories!! seems a bit much to me
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's too much, been a few months but i worked up a good sweat and with bending and stretching n what not. Sounds about right to me. :)
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's too much, been a few months but i worked up a good sweat and with bending and stretching n what not. Sounds about right to me. :)

Well i am not going to put 500 calories into my daily count....putting a bit less cant hurt, aslong as im still withing my daily allowance
  • NicholeTrussell
    NicholeTrussell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you are right to reduce it a little. I mean it really would be relative to how hard you were working at painting you know...for example if I put 30 minutes of house cleaning...was it sitting on the bed folding towels or was it sweeping and mopping floors...big difference. Unless I am doing heavier housework that is really working a sweat...I dont even count it..I consider it bonus cals burned. Cant hurt either way...
  • NicholeTrussell
    NicholeTrussell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you are right to reduce it a little. I mean it really would be relative to how hard you were working at painting you know...for example if I put 30 minutes of house cleaning...was it sitting on the bed folding towels or was it sweeping and mopping floors...big difference. Unless I am doing heavier housework that is really working a sweat...I dont even count it..I consider it bonus cals burned. Cant hurt either way...
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I am the same as you i only put down the excersice down that makes me sweat and anything else is a bonus