Hey everybody!!! How are ya??

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Hi all,

My name is Tami and I just joined this site today. I was doing ediets and have had a lot of success but they have been updating their website and it's not working right and is really annoying me!! hehe The nutrition tracker isn't even functional yet, which I realized is a huge part of what is keeping me successful.

Anyway, being able to journalize my daily food intake (and keeping it at a certain amount of calories) and exercising has helped me lose 61 lbs since early September. I have lost a lot of weight before but did it the unhealthy way (which of course led to me putting it back on) and I finally got it through my head that slow and steady (and healthy) will win the race!

I am a stay at home mom to an almost 15 month old boy. He is what is keeping me motivated. I found myself not wanting to do a lot of fun things with him last year. Not go to the beach (because I was self-conscious), not get family pictures done (again because I was self-conscious)...and it just hit me that I was missing out on LIFE and fun with my family because of my weight being high, embarrassing and unhealthy! Enough is enough!! :)

I started this lifestyle change at 270 lbs on September 4, 2007 and am currently 209 (as of this mornings weigh-in). I have not starved myself or drank any magic potions. I just ate fewer calories and exercised. Doing one thing led to another. I started drinking more water, then started watching my sodium intake and then started to pay attention to where the calories and fat are coming from...and started to make sure I was getting lean protein, lots of fiber, etc. I try to get to the gym at least 3 days a week and get on the elliptical for 50 minutes those days plus weights.

My goal weight is 135 and I hope to be close to it by this fall.

Ok, hope this wasn't too much. I wasn't sure what you all wanted as far as an introduction!! HEHE!!

Ciao 4 now!!
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Tami and I just joined this site today. I was doing ediets and have had a lot of success but they have been updating their website and it's not working right and is really annoying me!! hehe The nutrition tracker isn't even functional yet, which I realized is a huge part of what is keeping me successful.

Anyway, being able to journalize my daily food intake (and keeping it at a certain amount of calories) and exercising has helped me lose 61 lbs since early September. I have lost a lot of weight before but did it the unhealthy way (which of course led to me putting it back on) and I finally got it through my head that slow and steady (and healthy) will win the race!

I am a stay at home mom to an almost 15 month old boy. He is what is keeping me motivated. I found myself not wanting to do a lot of fun things with him last year. Not go to the beach (because I was self-conscious), not get family pictures done (again because I was self-conscious)...and it just hit me that I was missing out on LIFE and fun with my family because of my weight being high, embarrassing and unhealthy! Enough is enough!! :)

I started this lifestyle change at 270 lbs on September 4, 2007 and am currently 209 (as of this mornings weigh-in). I have not starved myself or drank any magic potions. I just ate fewer calories and exercised. Doing one thing led to another. I started drinking more water, then started watching my sodium intake and then started to pay attention to where the calories and fat are coming from...and started to make sure I was getting lean protein, lots of fiber, etc. I try to get to the gym at least 3 days a week and get on the elliptical for 50 minutes those days plus weights.

My goal weight is 135 and I hope to be close to it by this fall.

Ok, hope this wasn't too much. I wasn't sure what you all wanted as far as an introduction!! HEHE!!

Ciao 4 now!!
    Tami
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Tami! Sounds like you are on the right track. You'll get plenty of support here. Stick with your goal; you can do it!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Wow 61 lbs! Great job, you must feel terriffic! Keep up the good work and Welcome.
  • smonthony
    Options
    Hi! I just started yesterday. I started out at 235 and am trying to get to 215 and keep it around that. I have a 3.5yr old and a 3month old and unless I do something about my weight, I won't be able to play with them the way they deserve.

I think that tracking my calories will help me know where I am failing. I have a gym membership, but don't go as often as I want/should. It's so hard to get motivated to go work out when I'm the only one in the family who does. I need to learn how to better motivate myself to get over there!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I'm impressed too! My daughter is a stay at home mom as well and it's been hard for her to get herself back into shape since the baby arrived fortunately his longer naps in the afternoon are giving her the time to work out now.

It sounds like you have some really good insight into yourself and you should really enjoy this site and the community that makes it work.

Welcome aboard!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! I feel supported and more motivated already! :)
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hi Tami and welcome!! Congratulation on your impressive weight loss!! :bigsmile: That is AWESOME!! Hope you enjoy it here and remember we're here for you!!:flowerforyou:
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site! Have a great day.:heart:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Welcome, That's an awesome lost. WTG :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tami. Not too much info at all. Sounds like your doing wonderful! Keep up the good work. You'll really like this website, it's a big help and the people are so supportive. Good luck on your continued weightloss. :flowerforyou: