Getting back on the wagon!

Options
You know what makes winners in this whole healthy weight loss thing we've got going? It's not about never eating crap food again, it's about picking yourself up, dusting yourself down and realising that a couple of doughnuts or a bag of pick n mix isn't a reason to sack it all off and go back to eating crap full time.

There's a girl in our office who started eating a balanced calorie controlled diet (although through Slimming World which I'm not much of an advocate of to be honest) and lost half a stone (7lb). She was doing really well and you could tell how happy she was with her progress. One day she crumbled and had a day of eating a load of rubbish. One day turned into a weekend, which turned into the following week which in turn made her too ashamed to go back to slimming world for weigh in. A month or so later and she's put the half stone back on plus another half stone on top.

I had a day of rubbish on Saturday. Sunday wasn't too tough either but better than Saturday. But today is Monday and a new day brings a new chance to put it all right.

The morale to this tale kids is to take each day afresh. If you absolutely have to eat a pile of doughnuts, don't beat yourself up about it and don't let it demoralise you to the point that you think "might as well forget it now because it's ruined" - it's not ruined. Every second of every day you have the option to choose the right foods and win!

Keep at it all you lovely MFP peeps! I know we've got it in us.

Replies

• tsbrown09
    Options
    Very well said!
  • jessicaeocon
    Options
    WOW!!! I really needed to read this today! Today is my first day back on the wagon after almost three weeks of being completely off! But you are right...everyday is a new day and we shouldn't let slips turn into huge falls! :)
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is at the absolute truth and one that I sometimes struggle with but that will not defeat me this time!!
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I agree 100% as I recently went through the same thing the last few weeks and NOW I'm back on track and plan to keep it up as much as I can but if I want something now and again I will have it and remember that it doesn't give me the excuse to continue it.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Thank you! I'm doing it today too.
  • andrewharman
    andrewharman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You've nailed it!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same weekend. A real bad one with beer and party food.

Today is a new day and my diary is superb so far. :bigsmile:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good on you all. Each new day brings new challenges but it also brings new rewards!

If you stumble or fall, you can pull yourself back up and keep walking. The first step on any journey is the hardest and everyone here has already taken that first one.

Stick with it you guys! You're doing great!
  • sdoro
    sdoro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I definately needed this today, thanks!!!!