Anyone under 5'4" and over 200+ pounds?

Options
SaraB_82
SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
edited February 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hi!

I'm looking for some female friends with open diaries who have similiar goals to mine. My starting weight was 271 (I'm 5'2"/35/F) and I'm currently down to 256! I started my journey as a New Year's resolution last month and I'm still going strong. Been logging 32 days now! :)

Other tidbits about me? I'm a tax assessor who lives in coastal Maine. I have PCOS, so that's a bit of a bummer but I try to be very positive and upbeat about life in general! I'm an avid cross-stitcher, PC gamer, and an /r/loseit member. I have two cats who are awesome.

Oh! And I have a FitBit coming in the mail on Monday, so if anyone has one and wants to be friends that could be really fun too! I'm just starting out at my gym so any support would be awesome!

Replies

• TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I’m exactly 5’4” and 239 (with a Fitbit ;). Feel free to add me.
  • WifeandMomof06
    WifeandMomof06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 30lbs since using MFP app I’ve never been over 200 but after getting sick with a chronic liver disease and fibromyalgia and being pregnant which pregnancy didn’t make me gain weight I lost 35 lbs while carrying my baby due to my liver failing not being able to keep any food down so I was 215. When I got well from the hospital my body was not in good shape, I still was sick so once I got well I gained my appetite back. Boy lil Debbie and chocolate was so good lol fast food, I was making up for lost times with food and gained 35lbs smh now I’m back to 220 with 30 more lbs to loose! I’m going to get it down before summer! You can too just keep doing what you are doing, allow yourself to cheat once in a while!
  • ajoi2bme
    ajoi2bme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I’m trying to get on track and STAY on track.

I’m 5’3 and 209. Trying to establish a diet and exercise program. Fried chicken and brownies are my weaknesses
  • Christinesomething
    Options
    Hii, I'm 5'3 and 214. Feel free to add me! I'm super active on here ^.^
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    5’3, currently 207 but started at 240. I also have PCOS.

I’ve found I lose without much effort as long as I stick to my calories, set at -1lb/week.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Heya! I'm 5'4", I'll be 40 in a few days, and my highest non-pregnancy weight was 258. I'm 170 now, but I still feel like 228 was yesterday. I'd love more pals on relatable journeys to share support.
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Well done to all of you, first off :) I started at 215, and I'm 5 foot 3, I'm currently down to 182lbs, but aiming for more! amazing work, and keep being fab and motivating :)
  • NR81206
    NR81206 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    EnolaGrey wrote: »
    I'm 5'1 3/8" I was 202lbs when I bought my scales.
    I'm now 156lb. It's been a very, very slow journey. Getting down to 185lb, going back to over 200lb, back down to 185lb. Four years ago I changed my tack. No longer dieting hard, living life. I log around 1500 - 1600 calories a day. Sometimes I'm logging more, sometimes less. It's not a race. My goal it to achieve 135lb. That's 21lb left to lose. If it takes a year, so be it.

We have the same stats, I'm 5'1 SW 202# CW 148# GW 132-135# I eat around 1400 calories a day. My journey started May 2017, I'm hoping by my 1 year I can reach my goal weight.
  • suzieq1604
    suzieq1604 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, 5'4", 215, and just signed up today. I would like to have friends to help along the way. Feel free to add me
  • ehamommy
    ehamommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I’m 5’4” and 289lbs. I’m 42 and a mom of 3 girls (Lord give me strength). I have been waiting until I was mentally ready to start this journey, and I finally feel I am. My goal is to lose 104lbs by this time next year! Would love to support one another along the way. Feel free to add me!
  • HBF29
    HBF29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm 5'3" and started at 237-ish. I'm down 5 pounds since I started logging (again). I'm on a 28 day logging streak! I'd say that 100 pound loss is my dream target, but I don't know how realistic that is. For now I'm focusing on getting below 200. I had an older MFP profile but using this one now. I don't have a lot of active friends on here but it helps to know there are others out there in the same boat!
  • fritch_gets_fit26
    fritch_gets_fit26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Started at 222 lbs at 5'2" currently down to 215 and hoping the scale keeps dropping!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5’0 and 235 down from 272
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'2", and started on the site in 2013 at 290. Got down to 190 for a hot minute a few years ago, and am back up to 250 after finishing school and having had a baby a few weeks ago. :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    not anymore but i began at 235 lbs at 5 ft 3. Im now 125. I also have a fitbit, And ill up your cats by one ;) Feel free to add/message me if you need anything. I dont claim to know everything but i like to think since iv been there im a useful person to know :p You learn ALOT being on these forums for years lol
  • jerms9
    jerms9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" or 5'4" depending on the day. Currently around 225'ish. I'm 44 years old but have the knees of an 80 year old (no cartilage, historical torn meniscus, osteoarthritis + more!). I've been on and off of here a few years but last year gave it a hard go and finally feel like I've hit my stride for the past 3+ months.

You and others are welcome to add me.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5ft nothing haha I started at 212lbs back in 2012 but currently weigh 157lbs feel free to add me as well. I have a fitbit and have not taken it off in over 2 years lol. I also suspect I have PCOS I was told I had it back in 2013ish becuz I was having trouble conceiving my youngest but never got a for sure diagnosis I am actually going back to the doctor here soon to get to the bottom of it. I am also a PC Gamer I have to play my Sims 4 a few times a week to feel sane.
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    51, wife, mom, grandma, bus driver, & menopausal. been on MFP since 2009. I'm somewhere between 5'3 1/2-5'3 3/4". My wedding weight & post baby weight was 130-145. I've been up & down with my weight for 25 years 168-220. I'm back & determined as getting older has brought on some health issues. Current wt is 207. Friend request & you can see my food & exercise info. It's mostly high protein & (healthy) fat, lower carb. Wishing you all a healthy journey. It's in each of us to succeed!
  • mac_bagnell
    mac_bagnell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. About 189lbs now but started around 206 after my second son. I'm almost 37. I have a fitbit that I wear religiously lol and my food journal is open. Always looking for mfp friends!