Favorite way to eat/season avocado?

Options
I'm planning on eating avocado a few times a week (maybe everyday!) I just had my first raw avocado (don't laugh) I had it on toast with cream cheese and sesame seeds (soooo good) but, I had the full avocado, and 2 pieces of bread..it was a lot at once so next time I'll just eat half lol

Anyways, what are other good ways to eat avocado? I'm trying to get more ideas so I can switch things up :)

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    With salt and pepper is good but my favorite way is with ketchup. Yum
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I can tell you for sure that it's not by putting it in a protein shake. Gack.

Avocado belongs on sandwiches, guacamole, and sushi.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sliced on a salad or guacamole are my favorites. Also, in a turkey sandwich. Just be conscious of the fact that avocado is a fat and calorie dense. The avocado you had on toast, you also put cream cheese on. 2 fats and that is a lot of calories! FWIW
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Seasoning salt is nice. Lime or lemon juice to keep it green. With chips! And I just described guacamole so...guacamole.

I also eat it almost every day with eggs. I also make a good salmon salad with avo, strawberry and bacon. Lime juice as the dressing.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating avocado a few times a week (maybe everyday!) I just had my first raw avocado (don't laugh) I had it on toast with cream cheese and sesame seeds (soooo good) but, I had the full avocado, and 2 pieces of bread..it was a lot at once so next time I'll just eat half lol

Anyways, what are other good ways to eat avocado? I'm trying to get more ideas so I can switch things up :)

Crushed into guacamole, served with nachos & jalapenos
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

^ That too.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options

Either like this or just spooned out of the fruit with a dash of salt!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I've been smashing one up with Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute and a touch of salt then spreading it on an Ole Extreme Wellness high fiber tortilla. Sometimes I'll add some smoked paprika.

About 225 - 250 calories depending on how big the avocado is. It packs around 17 or so grams of fiber and keeps me full for hours.
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    With salt and lime juice. I also like to put it with halved grape tomatoes and make a little "salad" out of it.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like mine with sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don’t ever just eat avocado, by itself. I put some slices in my chili, I eat it with eggs, make it into guacamole or if I’m too lazy for that I’ll just put slices of avocado on my tacos or whatever. Avocado chunks are also good in salads, which I don’t eat very often
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    on tacos
    an avocado hummus sandwich
    in a salad
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have it the way Gordon Ramsey would roast me for, rrrraw.

Just split'em in half, pop out the pit, grab a spoon and start digging.
  • FanTheFlame
    FanTheFlame Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In a Mexican shrimp cocktail, had two this week. So good!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It goes with so many things, but here are a few ideas.

1 toasted english muffin, avocado, spinach, beefsteak tomato, 2 hard poached eggs, trader joe's everything but the bagel seasoning.

1 toasted bagel, avocado, lox, capers, red onion, black pepper

2 pieces of bread, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayo

1 tortilla wrap, mashed avocado, roasted portabella mushroom, arugula, red onion, roasted red pepper

rice mixed with salsa verde, black beans, chicken, sautéed yellow pepper and tomato, avocado