Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stairs...

So I generally always take the 3 flights of stairs in and out of work, meaning I go up and down them once a day. I often work on the 7th floor, and almost always use the elevator to go down to lunch, or to leave for the day. Is there benefit for taking the 7 flights down?? I know there is coming back up, but its a long ways up!

Replies

• camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    it's exercise. not as hard as going up, but you still get your body moving. so i think there is a benefit.....works your legs, and every little bit helps!
  • nilla128
    nilla128 Posts: 30 Member
    I say yes. I think you would be toning different muscles going down as opposed to going up. Plus, the more you move the more you lose!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Of course there are benefits!!!! Any walking is more beneficial than taking the elevator.....I usually park my car in the furthest spots at grocery stores...just to get a few more steps in!

The more steps you take the better!!!
  • I am wondering the same thing...i work in an old army building in the basement AND i live in a house with stairs....has to be of some value using them daily?!?!? please advise....thanks a bunch!!
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    well according to some various calculators, my 5'2, 204 lb body is burning 70 calories for every 15 minutes I spend going down... its enough to make me do it
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    well according to some various calculators, my 5'2, 204 lb body is burning 70 calories for every 15 minutes I spend going down... its enough to make me do it

What calculator did you use to come up with that? I jog up and down stairs at work sometimes...have no idea how to calculate it.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Supposedly walking down stairs is supposed to help your hamstrings? I think whomever told me that lied, but I still do it every chance I get hahaha