Looking for people with similar goals: 10-12%bodyfat

Options
mcflydv
mcflydv Posts: 17 Member
I was at 25% body fat starting january. My goal is to get to 10-12% by april. Anyone in the same boat as me. I have lost 12 lbs already.

Replies

• mcflydv
    Options
    Doesn't need to be so quick on the deadline either. It will probably go beyound that.

I work out 6 days a week. Roughly a 1000cal a day in workouts.
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm putting money down that it'll go beyond April as that seems pretty aggressive but best of luck to you! How are you measuring you BF%?
  • mcflydv
    Options
    Local gym does it with the calipers and such.
  • mcflydv
    Options
    I wont take that bet. Lol i know its lofty. But i figure keep it aggressive or else i will probably fade off.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I know goal is BF%, but what are your starting and goal weight numbers? Curious how much you're looking to lose.
  • mcflydv
    Options
    Started at 185
    After doing crazy monkey math. I think i need to be around 160 ish to be in low teens.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I had to drop from 225 to 170 to get to that bodyfat %. It was not the easiest... and those last 5% or so were the worst. :D
  • mcflydv
    Options
    Thats what i read. Good thing is i am really good at my diet. And i am changing uo my workouts aerobic to anaerobic.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Workout confusion doesn't really help and depending on your style of workouts, cardio might actually be more effective for this goal as increased calorie deficit is what's gonna get you there. The only thing to worry about for many is that cardio seems to increase hunger sensations in many.

I personally found that I couldn't get there lifting alone and needed to add cardio in to my workout in order to achieve it in addition to cutting all creatine intake, limiting sodium to a reasonable amount, etc.
  • mcflydv
    Options
    Yeah. I run daily for an hour or so and lift weights afterwards. Sodium is a pain
  • mcflydv
    Options
    Sounds like its going to be tough. But i can do it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a man so I'm not trying to get to 10% but 18% would be nice. If that's comparable.
  • mcflydv
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Well I'm not a man so I'm not trying to get to 10% but 18% would be nice. If that's comparable.

Well.. like i mentioned, i am looking for people to be friends with that can bounce idea and motivated.