Chinese Buffet Success!!!

Options
I have to shout to everyone who will listen that last night my kids chose Chinese Buffet for dinner out. Now in the past it was easy for me to eat, and eat, and eat some more! I had tried to choose healthier options but even then it would add up, not to mention the sodium and additives!

So last night I started with half-plated salad with a few strips of flank steak without sauce, small amount of shredded cheese and Catalina dressing, and unsalted sunflower seeds. I then had three pieces of Salmon nigiri (Yumm, my favorite). My second plate was cooked cabbage with pepper, baby corn and broccoli. I did my best to choose the top pieces not soaking up the butter or oil or whatever they cooked it in. I also had 8 cooked cold shrimp with a tbsp of cocktail sauce . I ate one chicken on a stick. For my dessert plate I had one scoop of tapioca pudding, pineapple chunks and a butterfly cookie.

Now that may sound like a lot but I felt SO successful to load up on protein and vegetables. I avoided the fried foods, noodles, soups, and carb-heavy items.

The best news is by drinking tons of water, I was still able to maintain my weight loss this morning. No weight gained from sodium.

Had to share!
Jennifer

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well done! I really struggle with buffets. My mind wants to make it into a competition of who can eat the most! It's hard to fight that urge.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Buffets are the worst and I avoid them like the plague. Great job!
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Get it girl! Spring rolls are my weakness. And rice. ugh sweet delicious carbs. Sounds like you choose the healthier options!
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    Thanks, friends! This is a huge accomplishment for me. I realized I can eat out relatively healthy. It's hard, don't get me wrong, but I left satisfied and happy :)