Favorite way to eat/season avocado?

Options

Replies

• tufftre
    tufftre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chopped raw on a piece of 12 grain toast with poached egg on top salt and pepper mmmm! With a protien shake chaser.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Diced avocado tossed with diced plum tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion and Caesar or Italian dressing. Yummers.
  • RaccoonDragon
    RaccoonDragon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half. Remove the pit. Then pour a little soysauce in the cavity and eat it with a spoon.
  • billym2018
    billym2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don’t do anything fancy. I toast wheat bread and put some avocado as if it were butter. Makes for a good snack and it's healthy fat unlike butter.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    On sandwiches, in place of mayo
    On salads, when I want something a bit creamy
    In (homemade) guacamole. Yum!
  • ninalemon
    ninalemon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    -Diced and added to a salad
    -On toasted Ezekiel bread with S&P, cilantro, diced red onion and cucumbers
    -As dressing - basically thinned guac
    -On top of black bean soup
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, we used to eat it by filling in the seed's hole with ketchup or salad cream with a spoon.

I now like it mashed with a tin of tuna, chopped dill and tomatoes. Depending on the calories I have, I'd eat on toast, ryvita or lettuce leaves.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    When I was younger, we used to eat it by filling in the seed's hole with ketchup or salad cream with a spoon.

I now like it mashed with a tin of tuna, chopped dill and tomatoes. Depending on the calories I have, I'd eat on toast, ryvita or lettuce leaves.

I love you! I thought I was weirdo!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    'Cado Salad!
    Large dice avocado with equal part diced tomato. Add one thinly sliced green onion and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro (optional, if you really hate it).
    Shake together the juice of a lime, equal part (extra light tasting olive) oil, pinch of salt, pepper, cumin.
    Toss all together.

Does not suck. Good with a minced jalapeno too, if you like a little heat.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Avocado is like a condiment to me. I plop it on everything.
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Halved, pop pit out, filled with tuna
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    simcon1 wrote: »
    Halved, pop pit out, filled with tuna

Mmmm, that sounds Good!

I've only had it on toast.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I just take the skin off and sprinkle salt on it.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love just plain salted by the spoonful.
  • th1nr
    th1nr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.

I usually season it with pepper and sometimes I'll put tahini with hot sauce in the middle where you take the pit out
  • kurtwallis1
    kurtwallis1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating avocado a few times a week (maybe everyday!) I just had my first raw avocado (don't laugh) I had it on toast with cream cheese and sesame seeds (soooo good) but, I had the full avocado, and 2 pieces of bread..it was a lot at once so next time I'll just eat half lol

Anyways, what are other good ways to eat avocado? I'm trying to get more ideas so I can switch things up :)
    I'm planning on eating avocado a few times a week (maybe everyday!) I just had my first raw avocado (don't laugh) I had it on toast with cream cheese and sesame seeds (soooo good) but, I had the full avocado, and 2 pieces of bread..it was a lot at once so next time I'll just eat half lol

Anyways, what are other good ways to eat avocado? I'm trying to get more ideas so I can switch things up :)

• kurtwallis1
    kurtwallis1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have half an avocado with a fried egg and salsa on 1 slice of toast with a pinch is sea salt and pepper every morning
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    If you can get some of the sweeter varieties, like Tonnage (usually available in Sept), say, you can make avocado desserts. They are not uncommon in a few South American countries, where you'll see avocado treated as a fruit much more than in the USA. One I know of is simply mashed avocado, lime juice, and sweetener, to taste - but it just tastes odd with avocados that are normally available in the USA. But you get some of the less common varieties that are more seasonal, and you can sometimes find sweeter avocados and they are AMAZING like this.

also some interesting raw food desserts with avocados coming out now, like avocado key lime tarts, chocolate avocado pudding, and so on. Taste surprisingly good. But...also make finding older, traditional recipes online nearly impossible. :-/
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Tomato avacado salad with salt pepper and olive oil, avacado toast; cut half a avacado put a egg in the hole where the see was cook in oven on 350 til egg is cooked season with sriracha or salt n pepper, avCado turkey wrap, burrito bowl with avacado
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Avacado smoothie