Ladies, do you...

Options
Hi Ladies,

I was wondering, do you weigh during your premenstrual week? I definitely retain water a week before, until like two days after. I think I’m going to skip my weigh week to avoid false reads. The next time I weigh, I should be down my 4 pounds. As long as my decrease is on goal, I’m good...

Just wondering how others may handle this process...

Replies

• julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tend to retain water the week of my period. I do not weigh myself that week.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I weigh, but I don’t record it on MFP. I know it’s temporary and don’t really want to make it part of my weight trend.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No. I only record my weight about 3x per month and it definitely is not during my period.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning my weight does increase during my period, but it usually falls off within a week.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but don’t factor it in during that time. Honestly, I like the fact that when I start weighing a little extra, I know what it means and remember to bring some tampons with me. Lol.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh and log daily, regardless. Now I weigh and log whenever (usually at least 3 times per week). The fluctuations no longer bother me. It's just another data point. If you know where the added pounds are coming from, what difference does it make?
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    I weigh but I don't log it in MFP during that week. Just finishing it now actually can't wait to see if I've lost.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I weigh every single day. It's just another data point. I know why I'm up and I can still compare it to a month ago.

THIS
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    Options
    I weigh daily and use a weight trending app that gives me a moving average number and a graph of today’s moving average vs 30 days earlier. I try not to get hung up on whether I’m on goal any particular day (or week, even).
  • BuffyBourbon
    BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh & log daily. I've noticed that about 7 days out I start retaining water, and then as soon as I start I have a woosh to make up for that week's water retention. A little odd and different from what many other people report, but it has been awfully reliable so I guess that's my patttern =)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day.

I only record losses, but I weigh every day.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day. It's just another data point. I know why I'm up and I can still compare it to a month ago.

This for me, too. I'm a numbers gal. Although I have pondered the idea of not looking at the scale and having hubby write down my weight for me to log after my period is over. That way I'd have my data, but not the letdown of seeing those temporarily high readings. But first I need to get down to a weight that I don't mind hubby knowing, lol
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm int he daily weigher camp. I use a trending app to smooth outs the bloats and wooshes.
  • touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel so much better! I know I didn't gain eight pounds overnight y'all :blush:
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options

Same!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week regardless of period, holiday, etc. I record it and move on with my life.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yeah I try to remember to weigh myself every morning
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. It mentally helps me to see the fluctuations. It keeps me in tune with what's happening in my body and actually helps me to not freak out when the scale goes up or doesn't move for a bit! I know what to expect every month at that time, and I know when I'll typically lose weight as well. I retain a lot of water during ovulation and time of the month, so the scale only really moves two weeks out of the month. Every time I get frustrated I look at past data for a reminder that it's totally normal for me.