Slow and Steady - My Mantras

Options
So I'm thinking my motto here should be "start out like you can hold out."
Or
Slow and Steady.

I am seeing some early results.

But, right now I'm thinking I may do best if I have:

1. A cheat day - mine is Saturday - where I can kinda eat what I want to - but still logging it - as a reward that I can look forward to if I maintain my discipline during the week.

2. A kind of "weekly tally" - where I can exceed my limits on a given day (when it's hard) and then balance that with days I'm under (when it's easier) and overall try to stay under for the week.

3. Some patience and faith to allow the process to work

4. Some forgiveness of my failures so I don't give up, and I get back on it the next day or the next week

Thoughts?

Insightful ?
Inspiring ?
Like ?
Woo?
Hug?
Newbie Mistake?

Love <3

Replies

• joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I find that I do your #2,3 and trying my best with #4. The cheat day I try not to do anymore as I found myself consuming way too many calories so now it’s more of the weekly tally sort of thing as I still allow myself some treats..but I want it to remain under control. If you are seeing success by doing all those things then you are doing what works so keep it up!
  • powerof9
    powerof9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    joone_9 wrote: »
    I find that I do your #2,3 and trying my best with #4. The cheat day I try not to do anymore as I found myself consuming way too many calories so now it’s more of the weekly tally sort of thing as I still allow myself some treats..but I want it to remain under control. If you are seeing success by doing all those things then you are doing what works so keep it up!

Thanks for your comments. And it seems we have same last name, 9

Best to you.

Let's be friends. <3