Vegetarian going vegan

Options
Hey everyone.

I'm a 29 year old mom trying to loose some weight. I resently went vegetarian due to that I'm allergic to meat... After I saw the treatment all the animals go trough I decided to go vegan. I would love if I can find some help and support. Thanks alot! Love and light

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 27 and have been vegan for just over a year now. Here to lose a few lbs and hopefully connect with some other people who are vegan also.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    check out the recipe board:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

lots of vegan recipe threads in there, you can get food ideas and friends all at the same time, 2 birds and all ;)

welcome to MFP!
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you looking for?

I would recommend getting some solid information on vegan nutrition. I recommend the books Vegan for Her and/or Vegan for Life, both written by registered dietitians who are also vegan. You can also see veganhealth.org and theveganrd.com for science based information on vegan nutrition. Check out the "primers" and "plant plate" on theveganrd.com for great start info on vegan diets. There is a lot of poor information on vegan diets on the internet, but these sources are maintained by register dietitians (i.e. the health professionals who specialize in nutrition) who specialize in vegan diets.

You can also friend me if you like, I've been vegan for about 7 years.
  • thelizabethare
    thelizabethare Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for about 7 months now and love it. I actually lost my weight prior to going vegan, but have since noticed a lot less bloating and digestive problems. If you need any ideas on recipes or just chit chat, feel free to add me. I'm still relatively new as well so we can be in this journey together
  • hanrecornelius718
    hanrecornelius718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    check out the recipe board:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

lots of vegan recipe threads in there, you can get food ideas and friends all at the same time, 2 birds and all ;)

welcome to MFP!

Thank you so much That helps alot
  • hanrecornelius718
    Options
    Cat3141 wrote: »

I would recommend getting some solid information on vegan nutrition. I recommend the books Vegan for Her and/or Vegan for Life, both written by registered dietitians who are also vegan. You can also see veganhealth.org and theveganrd.com for science based information on vegan nutrition. Check out the "primers" and "plant plate" on theveganrd.com for great start info on vegan diets. There is a lot of poor information on vegan diets on the internet, but these sources are maintained by register dietitians (i.e. the health professionals who specialize in nutrition) who specialize in vegan diets.

Thank you so much! That's Amazing! Will surely add you
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    You can also check out the plant based groups. Many are inactive but this one is pretty active:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

Howdy,. decade long vegan here.

Cat3141 wrote: »

All of the resources listed here are great. Science based information is key.
  • theOrganicNerd
    theOrganicNerd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me.

I've been both vegetarian and vegan before and am working on going to back to whole food plant based vegan. Good Luck!
  • hellobarb
    hellobarb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to friend me! I am going on 2 years vegan and it's the best decision I've ever made! Good luck on your MFP journey!
  • hanrecornelius718
    Options

Thanks Mary I'm sure my family will love them too
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am 27 and have been Vegan for about 8 months and just returning to mfp eating a Plant based diet , would love some Vegan friend too! Feel free to add!
  • vegan_amyjo
    vegan_amyjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi, as I'm just getting back to not only MFP but also to veganism. I ate a plant-based diet twice before in the past and two weeks ago, I realized that my body was not only NOT craving meat but was actually feeling repulsed by meat. So, I decided to listen to my body and I went vegan once more. Going through a lot of changes in my life, besides my diet, and I'm looking forward to being apart of this community here on MFP.

Everyone can feel free to add me as a friend on here :-)
  • ashleycookie1992
    ashleycookie1992 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all I'm new to this so looking for some friends and motivation. I'm 25 from Brighton UK. A fellow vegiterin I'm slowly looking for vegan alltrntives but not sure if I could go all the way. . Any tips
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m new to mfp I’ve become vegan since October 17. I love this lifestyle and have never felt better! I have an open diary and feel free to contact me anytime! You can add me as a friend!