Online nutrition courses - any recommendations ?

Options
I am becoming increasingly interested in the nutrition side of wellness and wondered if anyone has any experience of online nutrition courses.
I don’t want to work in this field, it’s purely for personal reasons. I find food combining to make the most of nutrients fascinating, deficiencies and their impact on the body and disease... .. I am quite disciplined time wise and I love learning, I’ve done a degree online and am currently learning German.

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Coursera.com will often have some nutrution classes
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I would start with basic college courses on nutrition, as anything else could be subject to bias.
  • jillDob
    jillDob Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am also very interested in the nutrition side of wellness and thought about buying the online courses off Groupon, they are normally around £25, but think going to college would be better as you have the help from an instructor.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    CISSN if you want the real deal. Precision Nutrition also decent. You want some who-doo bs just hang out on the forums and listen to people’s advice on detoxes haha. Also enroll in a community college and take some. Relatively cheap both the above classes/certifications will cost you about 1000 dollars
  • _F9_
    _F9_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile but I took one online from Shaw Academy. If they still offer it for free then I'd definitely recommend it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I would start with basic college courses on nutrition, as anything else could be subject to bias.

One of the college nutrition courses I took was taught by a professor who was vegan. I definitely wouldn't call the curriculum in her course 'unbiased'. Fortunately, if you looked beyond her agenda and stuck to the information in the textbook, it was useful and educational.
  • SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I’ll have a google of your recommendations
    Local collage or community collage isn’t an option as I live in Switzerland and my German is really only conversational - not at the level I would need for studies.