Weight loss after stillbirth

ginnymaria
ginnymaria Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2018 in Motivation and Support
Looking to add other women to share this journey with.
I lost my babygirl when she was fullterm last December. My heart is broken, and now I need to recover. I weaned from pumping milk already and I want to loose 62 lbs in a year.

Currently I'm 189 lbs. I was 206lbs at my 10th month of pregnancy. I'm looking to loose 6lbs a month. To loose 24 lbs and weigh166 lbs by June 15. And then I will have another 24 lbs and 3 months to go. End of part 1 will be September 31 at hopefully **142lb** That will be part 1 of my journey and then part 2 will consist of 15 lbs, probably the hardest, I think in the following 6 months at a rate of approx 3 lbs per month. Concluding at the end of February 2019 with *****127lbs***** so 62lbs in a year or so...

Replies

• LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    I’ve been there. Very emotional and that’s when I gained all of my weight and developed knee problems from sitting around all day and being depressed. I’ll add you and you can message me if you ever need any tips or just to chat!
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    I'm very sorry about your angel baby :(

That sounds like a good plan with weight loss but I wouldn't be too set on the numbers and allow some flexibility in your weight goals in case of plateaus. What are you planning on doing for diet and exercise?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby :frowning:

Try not to get too hung up on timelines and goals. Set a reasonable rate of loss and stick with it, knowing sometimes 'life happens.' Even if Feb 2019 doesn't find you exactly where you want to be, you'll still have made great progress if you stay consistent.
  • ginnymaria
    ginnymaria Posts: 3 Member
    Nikeolie wrote: »
    I'm very sorry about your angel baby :(

That sounds like a good plan with weight loss but I wouldn't be too set on the numbers and allow some flexibility in your weight goals in case of plateaus. What are you planning on doing for diet and exercise?

I had written such a great response and I lost it
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    I’m sorry for your loss :(
  • aimeeengland3676
    aimeeengland3676 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone,

I son Eli was still born on January 6th 2017. I am now motivate to lose with and have a rainbow baby. I struggle with my emotions and often eat to cover them up. Then I feel guilty. It is an awful circle to be in but I am trying my best to get out of it.
  • ekp2018
    ekp2018 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I lost my son in March at 40 weeks. My weight has plateaued. I'm working out 5 days a week and watching calorie consumption. Wish it would just start coming off.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    My condolences to you all.

Moms, be kind to your bodies and your hearts. I suggest also mini weekly goals that you can easily achieve. I also suggest that they NOT be weight goals but behavioural targets. For example:
    - Remove all the potato chips from the house this week
    - Log my water intake every day this week

Over time new habits become the norm and you have a transformed life.

Hugs all around.