Low sugar & carb diet

Options
Hey ladies and gents

I’m on day 3 of my low sugar and carb diet and I’m now starting to struggle
I had a jacket potatoe (carbs I know but not a lot) and saw someone with a curry and got very jealous haha
I need motivation my sugar brain is still there I would love a big cake or chocolate right now

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    why are you doing this ridiculous diet? why not just follow the macros/calories suggested by MFP and continue to eat foods you enjoy?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less, but you can eat whatever you like.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Curry is low carb. Is this a deprivation diet?
  • staceyh8989
    staceyh8989 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try and ditch sugar. Your right I know my partner has said the same thing thanks guys
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I made curry chicken fried (cauli) rice last week to satisfy that craving & I will definitely be making it again. Mixed my own curry seasoning too. A serving of the cauli-rice added 4 g carbs.

It was a dry curry, but a bit of heavy cream or a spoon of greek yogurt would make it creamy if that's what you are craving.

Low-carb or keto becomes easier when you have the time, and enjoy cooking for yourself imo. Otherwise, yeah it's not necessary for weightloss.

Also sounds like you may be a bit misguided on what's appropriate for that diet style as far as nutritional content of foods go. Are you logging?
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Maybe just try to reduce added sugars?? That’s the only thing I found to be helpful but I don’t cut it out completely. Added sugar in silly places like tomato sauces and salad dressings are easy to cut out and saves you calories for other things. Save your sugar indulgences for things you really enjoy. I eat chocolate everyday. I tend to follow a 90/10 rule in which 90% of my diet is “healthy” and the other 10% is not.