Hello!

Options
I just joined last week. I'm a single mom, to a 13 yr old & 3 yr old; both girls. I've gained a lot of weight in the past year, since moving back to my hometown. I'm a secretary at a local high school.

I'm really impressed with MFP this far. Tracking meals is easy, as is the exercise. I'm trying to cut out the fat/processed foods that our family as seem to be accustomed to. Salads, fresh veggies & fruits and no fast food.

Last week, I concentrated on getting our meals into shape, but could not seem to find the time to exercise. This week, now that I feel better about our food plan, I'd like to work on activity and exercise. I have a stationary bike and some exercise videos. I'd like to try walking, bc we have great trails around here...however, most of the trails are centered around parks...which makes the 3 yr old not want to ride in the jogger stroller. LOL

oh! I lost 3 lbs last week, so go me! :)

Replies

• sassycass
    sassycass Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week. I'm a single mom, to a 13 yr old & 3 yr old; both girls. I've gained a lot of weight in the past year, since moving back to my hometown. I'm a secretary at a local high school.

I'm really impressed with MFP this far. Tracking meals is easy, as is the exercise. I'm trying to cut out the fat/processed foods that our family as seem to be accustomed to. Salads, fresh veggies & fruits and no fast food.

Last week, I concentrated on getting our meals into shape, but could not seem to find the time to exercise. This week, now that I feel better about our food plan, I'd like to work on activity and exercise. I have a stationary bike and some exercise videos. I'd like to try walking, bc we have great trails around here...however, most of the trails are centered around parks...which makes the 3 yr old not want to ride in the jogger stroller. LOL

oh! I lost 3 lbs last week, so go me! :)
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    NO doubt 3 lbs is awesome. Kids love destinations let your kids know that your going out but you will stop at a playground. It totally works with my daughter. It's kinda like disguising vegies.