What's better when you're fatigued??

Options
My power sculpt class this morning was ridiculous. We had to do about 4 sets of Tabada of various polymetric exercises. The last exercise was Cross Country Skiers. My legs were so fried by the time we got to them that I literally could not perform them correctly, so it got me wondering...

When you're tired, is it better to do less skiers (slower) while keeping them in a deep lunge or is it better to do more skiers and not lunge so deep? Anybody know?

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Whatever one you're going to have the best form doing. I would think slower would probably be the best way to achieve this.
  • mom2mcs
    mom2mcs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with doing less reps but being diligent to do those few correctly. However, make a point to do more reps with each class. In other words, if you only do 10 lunges one class, be sure to do 12 the next, then 14 the next and so on. You don't want to cheat yourself or become complacent. Keep up the good work!!!
  • RandaRoxs27
    RandaRoxs27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster above me, form is super important. You can do a million reps of an exercise, but if you don't have proper form, you won't see results. So i'd say do the fewer ones, but lunge deeper and concentrate on form not speed. Go at your own pace :smile:
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    It certainly makes sense to do them slower, but I also understand that Polymetric exercises are meant to be a combination of high-heart rate and high-impact. I guess with that in mind, I'm not sure which one to sacrifice....losing the deep lunge or having my heart rate go down.