• dcdoty957
    dcdoty957 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What you mean by adnormal?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Your numbers don't make sense. If you add them together you get 116%.....the numbers shouldn't exceed 100%.
    Granted it could be that:
    Your lean mass is made of 33.8% muscle and 48.8% water. That still leaves 17% of your lean mass unaccounted for, but makes a bit more sense.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Normal body fat % for adult male is 18-22. 116% totalt body weight is abnormal :#

18-22% is normal, as in average? Or... ?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Normal body fat % for adult male is 18-22. 116% totalt body weight is abnormal :#

p5as3sdd4k1h.jpg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Define normal, you mean? I just picked "some" numbers (as requested) from Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Your numbers don't make sense. If you add them together you get 116%.....the numbers shouldn't exceed 100%.
    Granted it could be that:
    Your lean mass is made of 33.8% muscle and 48.8% water. That still leaves 17% of your lean mass unaccounted for, but makes a bit more sense.

Those BIA scales do wonky calculations which often don't make a lot of sense and are seldom very accurate.

FTR, lean body mass (LBM) is comprised of everything that isn't fat: muscle, bone, connective tissue, organs, water/glycogen, etc. People often confuse "lean body mass" to mean "muscle". Muscle is part of LBM, but there's a lot more to LBM than just muscle.
  • dcdoty957
    dcdoty957 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The scale I just bought said the numbers I posted on here so it doesn’t give the right numbers ....damn
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    dcdoty957 wrote: »
    The scale I just bought said the numbers I posted on here so it doesn’t give the right numbers ....damn

The numbers are most likely wrong... but that doesn't mean that they are invaluable. If they are wrong, they will probably continue to be wrong, but probably by (roughly) the same margin of error. So while the actual numbers may not be meaningful, how they change over time could be.
  • jjpptt2
    Options

Define normal, you mean? I just picked "some" numbers (as requested) from Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

Yes, that's what I was asking. 18-22% seems pretty aggressive for average, which was how I interpreted normal. Just wanted some clarification. Thanks.