question for the moms and dads

Options
I have an 11 week old son who has a cold- stuffy/really runny nose etc:sad: Does any one have any home remedies or advice that might help? Thanks

Replies

• csantos1182
    Options
    I have an 11 week old son who has a cold- stuffy/really runny nose etc:sad: Does any one have any home remedies or advice that might help? Thanks
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear that, all you can really do, is suction it out with one of those bulbs, and prop him up to sleep. You can buy baby saline drops at the store, to help loosen it up, then suction. I would watch and make sure he does not get a fever. If so call the doctor. Hopefully it will pass soon, I wish you luck. :flowerforyou:
  • beckbeck1
    Options
    Awww, my baby girl is 16 weeks and has the same thing. I feel for you! :(
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    There were a few things that helped my son. The plugin waterless vaprizors worked great. They are portable so you can just plug it in what ever room he is in. This still is a must have when him or I are sick. Also for the congestion little noses nasel saline spray helped alot to to losen up all of the mucous. Check with you dr or a pharmacist before using that one. I want to say my son was 2-3 when I used that. Lot's of fluids and rest. If you are wiping his nose alot a little vaseline on the nose keeps it from getting so raw. Good luck it's no fun having a sick one. Hope he feels better soon.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 6mths old, I use the little noses saline drops(recommended by her ped) and the vaporizer. I don't give her any meds, unless she has a fever.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Vapo Rub makes a Baby Rub. I think it is for use on 2month+. It dose WONDERS for my kids. Plus, the vaporizer like others have said. In his bed, prop the mattress up underneath with pillow or blanket. Something to keep his little head elevated. Lots of cuddles, too. Poor little guy. :sad:
  • csantos1182
    Options
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    a warm mist humidifer is also helpful.
  • Rubybees
    Rubybees Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    turn on the shower and steam up the bathroom and take your son into the bathroom with you, it really helps loosen up their chests, I still do this now with mine and they are 4 and 6:cry: so grown up!

Feel for you, its so hard, vapour plug ins are also good or karvol drops (I am uk btw!) on a teddy, x