Resist The Hunger!!

Options
It’s day 1 of my 1,500 Cal. diet. My breakfast has made up 417 calories. Smallest meal I’ve eaten in a long time. Gotta stay strong & resist the hunger!!

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    i can fit ALOT of food into 417 calories. In time your eating habits will adjust :p In the meantime id recommend bulking up with non starchy veggies...Stretch your portions out for low calorie, Fiber helps keep you full just add them in slowly if you dont eat many yet to avoid any bowel distress from fiber lol
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    What was it?
  • Lovelyilaissa
    Lovelyilaissa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What was it?
    I made 1 egg, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 English muffin with 1 tbsp. of light mayo, a golden delicious apple, & 1 cup of Trop 50 orange juice. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sure you're not just a little bit overdramatic? Healthy weightloss isn't starvation. 1500 calories is actually a quite decent intake for a woman, and your fat reserves take up the rest, to create a deficit. You might very well want to eat more, that's natural and normal, but you don't need more. Just relax, breathe. It's okay. You're okay :)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    That's almost 4 eggs, some chicken sausage and a bunch of veg (basing it off of my breakfast).

Look into more nutrient dense foods.

For example: This week I'm eating mini egg frittatas (eggs baked in muffin tins) with bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, 2 Trader Joes garlic herb chicken sausages and 0.75 eggs each. 3 of those bad boys are 248 calories, or 5 of them are 417.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I would have replaced the orange juice with some vegs, though.
  • Lovelyilaissa
    Lovelyilaissa Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks guys, really new to this. Nutritionalist put me on strict diabetic diet & I don’t know much about altering certain foods to get the most out of a meal. Really helpful though. :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary if you'd like to check out what I eat. (I'm at maintenance this week and eating 1640 before exercise; I'm going down to around 1400 on Sunday). I should probably point out that I'm vegetarian and most of my protein has carbs in it. I'd guess your diabetic diet would be lower-carb, but you still might get some ideas.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary, it's open. My egg meal is 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, slice of microwaved bacon to cut cal and fat, .5 oz low fat cheese, bran buds and milk. 330 cal, 34 protein, 11 fat, 15 fiber. Veggies could be added to the eggs too which I do sometimes. Yours seems like a lot of calories for not necessarily filling food. I agree on ditching the juice or cut It to a half cup. I eat approximately 1400 cal daily. A little Higher on Sundays.
  • Maryanne_V
    Maryanne_V Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What was it?
    I made 1 egg, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 English muffin with 1 tbsp. of light mayo, a golden delicious apple, & 1 cup of Trop 50 orange juice. :)

I don't like eating in the morning, but I have to because of some AM meds, so I make 310-360cal smoothies that are incredibly filling. I ran out of non-fat plain Greek yogurt last night, so I altered the recipe, but this morning I made: Berry Double Nanna - 2 bananas, 1 cup almond milk original, 126g frozen Triple Berry (Kirkland), 0.5 tbsp organic honey. Due to the ingredigent change this smoothie was 370 calories, but had 10g of fiber.

At least you had lots of protein! If you eat eggs you should really mix egg whites into one whole egg. It's like 74 vs 17 calories. I honestly can't tell the difference between 2 scrambled and 1 whole mixed with 1 white.

Premade juices are a thing of the past now. Just say goodbye. Unless it's V8. 70cal for 11.5oz. 60cal in the low sodium version. I drink them as a treat once or twice a week.

I do enjoy breakfast for dinner. Making scrambles with egg/eggwhite; red, yellow, and/or bell pepper, olives, mushrooms, etc. Salsa and light sour cream are low calorie toppings. Just got to try to ditch bread when possible.
  • clarembennett79
    clarembennett79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 diabetic and just getting back into the habit after a break. I always find when your hungry drink water....9 times out 10 your thirsty not hungry, and I agree with the orange juice I'd replace that completely it's full of hidden sugars drink water you will feel fuller and it's better for you. Drinking ice cold water is a metabolism booster because your body has to warm it up, so it's always a good start to any meal about half hour before ensuring your metabolism is burning off calories before you have eaten anything x
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You will get used to the lower volume, takes three to four weeks usually, but have a look at the volume group for help ingetting a good amount for your calories