Hello ❤️

Options
Hello , I am new to this app , I have so many questions about eating ... I hardly eat I am very active I go to the gym 5 day out of the week I only go for an hour . But I have a bad habit of eating 2 times a day sometimes not even anything . My trainer told me to down load this app . But I no idea where to begin she tells me to eat more but when I wake up and go to sleep I am not sure if anything I am doing is working . If you can plz help me that would be the best advice I’ll have from anyone .

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight?
  • flowerchild777
    flowerchild777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I am . Only 20 pounds because I want to gain a lot of muscle .
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 3 meals and 2 healthy snacks a day. Since you work out a lot, lean protein is key. Basically lean meats, veggies, fruit, eggs, healthy grains will all be good for your overall nutritional health. Is there anything you can't or won't eat? You can work around your likes and dislikes and still eat healthy. Maybe also check the recipe thread here.
  • flowerchild777
    Options
    Thank you so much ! I think it’s my snacking I don’t know how to control , I feel like no change has been made in my body no matter how hard I workout I look the same and feel different . Do you have an ig and post any foods you eat I can see ?
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes I am . Only 20 pounds because I want to gain a lot of muscle .

Body comp is more than losing weight or gaining muscle. It's easier to lose weight than to gain muscle. Losing weight takes expending more calories than you consume. Building muscle takes work and time.
  • dressagerider1020
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much ! I think it’s my snacking I don’t know how to control , I feel like no change has been made in my body no matter how hard I workout I look the same and feel different . Do you have an ig and post any foods you eat I can see ?

You're welcome :smile:

I'm just now getting into IG so I don't post pics yet, but try this https://www.instagram.com/healthy_eating_goals/

And search for "healthy eating", "good nutrition" and stuff like that, even "healthy snacks"...you'll find something.

• flowerchild777
    Options

That’s so true , that’s why I am lost because I want to be at 120 and start gaining my muscle but I’m guessing that’s not the right way .
  • dressagerider1020
    Options
    It might be worth paying for an hour with a nutritionist so you can explain your goals and see what they suggest. Can your trainer help with the nutrition side, in addition to the working out side, and give you some guidance?
  • dressagerider1020
    Options
  • flowerchild777
    Options
    Thank you , well yes she dose tell me but I feel like I want to be exact I want to know so I’m not confused the way I am