Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pink Panthers--Week 2 Challenge *closed*

Hey girls!! Just wanted to let you know that you guys have been doing so great. I understand that we all have an off day every now and then. Don't worry about that--we are still doing great. I hope you girls kick butt this week!!!! Let me know what day you guys want to take off....we get to pick one now :) Just read the rules and get back to me....Lots of Hugs to my girls!!!! ♥♥♥

Based on the input I received, I'm going to change how we calculate the bulk of our points. I'm going to make this purely a time spent effort. For every 20 minutes of cardio that you do - WHATEVER IT IS - you will earn 10 points. I think this should solve all of the issues that we've encountered regarding distance discrepancies. NOTICE: This change does not take affect until tomorrow - so any points earned today will still go by the same point calculations as we've been doing all week.

Exercise & nutrition challenge points will remain the same - 10 points for the exercise challenge & 5 points for the nutrition challenge.

I also heard the requests to focus on different muscle groups. So, for this week, I've changed it up. No two days in a row will work the same group, giving you a chance to recuperate.

Finally, taking the lead from another challenge that I participate in, I'm going to implement a REST day. Each team will choose what day they will be resting. This means that none of your workouts for that day will count toward points. Instead - on that day - your team will earn points by drinking water. Each cup of water that your team reports for the day will be worth 10 points, up to a team max of 500 points (or 50 cups). The nutrition challenge for that day will also be up for grabs, but not the exercise challenge. So, on whichever day your TEAM chooses as rest day, you have the potential of earning 525 points. Pretty big bump!!!

Last thing to mention! I've decided that there will be a bonus for the winning team each week. The prize will be ONE five point bonus. So, for the team that wins this week, if they have a day next week where they did REALLY poorly, they will have the opportunity to use their winning bonus and tack on 5 extra points.

And now that I got all of THAT out of the way!!! Here are the mini challenges for the upcoming week. Good luck everyone!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

::::Week 2 Challenges::::
Friday
Nutrition - Under Calories
Exercise - 25 pushups (modified is fine - http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=36)

Saturday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 oblique crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=4)

Sunday
Nutrition - Under CARBS
Exercise - 100 calf raises (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=1230)

Monday
Nutrition - Under Calories
Exercise - 50 Dumbell Flys (if you don't have weights, try to make a weight out of something else....Water bottles, soup cans, shampoo bottles? :-) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=155)

Tuesday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 reverse crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=8)

Wednesday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 50 forward lunges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=22)

Thursday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 50 dumbell pullovers (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=182

Replies

• sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Sounds great!!! I prefer to either take Thursdays or Mondays off - less time on those days for me - so let me know what you all think:)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Found you!!!! Didn't know if you made a new thread for week 2. I will post on old thread to come here in case others can't find it also.

I vote our rest/water day for this Thursday for this week. I do drink tons of water so I can really help with getting to the 50 max glasses a day we need for extra pts. Any other week it doesn't matter to me cause I am open and available. But for this week (leavign Monday) we will be tent camping in the bush and I really can't be running to the bathroom every 15 mins for a pee break. :tongue: :laugh: We are coming out early Thurday morning....so that is the best day for me if you want help getting the max amount of water that day. Just my 2 cents. :heart:
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Either of those days is fine. Actually, any day during the week is fine. The only days I have to keep the same are weekends, which are based on my friend's work schedule.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    Thursday sounds great ladies - so that will be our rest/water day:) Perfect! I am going to Folley Beach, SC - leaving Tuesday and coming back Saturday - but will definitely still workout, do my part while I am there:)
  • bigmama65
    Sooo I was thinking and checking out some of the other team threads and was wondering if we could start posting on this thread what we have done for the day as far a the challenge goes and how many minutes in cardio we are doing. I notice many teams are posting and supporting one another this way. That way maybe we will not be hiding when we need a push. :tongue: :laugh: Like I needed yesterday. And I must have not been the only one cause we only brought in 85 points. Goooo Pink Panthers!!!

This could really be a HUGE motivation for us as a team. We can cheer on the successes and help support when someone is having trouble.

What do you all think?

Like for Friday (today)
    I stayed under my calories
    I did the push-ups ( it was a long process...1 or 2 at a time all day long) but it really felt great to say I did it and maybe it could give another member some help if they are having a hard time doing it) Even though I only did 1 or 2 at a time ...I did it
    I also got 40 mins of cardio in.
  • mikonei
    Yeah, I need to get back in the groove of posting my progress in the thread. And it would be great to see all the Panthers.
    I just snuck in my last set of 5 push ups and was under calories. I logged some cardio, but I'm not turning it in for the team challenge since it was just cleaning. I'll be going for a walk in the morning, so I'll be back to getting points for us :)
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Sure, I think it would help to keep in touch that way :) And thursday is great for me for a rest day if everyone else agrees.
  • bigmama65
    Sounds like this Thursday will be out rest/water day....will we change it each week? Or just leave it for every thursday?

Awesome job getting those last push-ups in yesterday makonei. I know for me they were sooo hard. Good thing we are not in the army. :laugh: Did you get your walk in this morning?

I love the thought of us keeping in touch and supporing each other on here. Makes us feel more like a team. Thanks soonersgirl and makonei for posting.
  • bigmama65
    Today is under sodium and 50 oblique crunches

How do you all feel about these 2 challenges for today? Can you do it? WIll you have stuggles?

I think I can do them both. I haven't tried the new crunches but I could do the others...so I hope it is not too much harder to do. Look out tummy muscles.:tongue:
  • mikonei
    No walk. I forgot about my niece's birthday party. I have to head over there soon, but had to make a cake this morning. Bad aunt. lol Depending on how late I stay at my sister's I might be able to walk later.

Today's challenges should be easy enough. The only time I really have a problem with sodium is when I eat out and I don't plan on doing any of that. And since I managed the regular crunches I'm pretty sure I can do the obliques. We did them a little differently in high school and I think I might stick with taht way.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    Hey guys! So I was under my sodium for the day, got my 50 oblique crunches in, and did 45 min of aerobics/walking- I won't count my cleaning though:) Hope everyone had a great day and plan on going for a 2.5-3 mile run in the morning! Goodnight all!
  • Hi there!
    Thank you for including me. I really like this approach. I hope it will drag me out of the doldrums I've been experiencing lately! I have read the week's challenges and I will do my best to work for the team! My user name is pattij01.
    Thank you,
    Patti
  • bigmama65
    Hi Patti:flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group.:heart: I am sorry I will be mia for the next few days. I have been busy all day with shopping and packing up for our camping trip in the morning. Hope to get to know you better once I am back at the end of the week.

Goooo Pink Panthers. Keep up the great work and keep adding up the pts. Every little bit helps. Keep up with the challenges. I will be doing it from the park and posting to soonersgirl at night. Don't forget me, just cause I will not be posting on this thread, I will be thinking of you all and cheering all of us on.

Goooooo Pink Panthers!!!!!:drinker:
  • bigmama65
    Hey guys! So I was under my sodium for the day, got my 50 oblique crunches in, and did 45 min of aerobics/walking- I won't count my cleaning though:) Hope everyone had a great day and plan on going for a 2.5-3 mile run in the morning! Goodnight all!

Wow Sailorsbabydoll:flowerforyou: you had an awesome day on Saturday. Keep it up. Hope you had a great run this morning.
  • mikonei
    Welcome to the Panthers!

Today was a bit of torture. I was under carbs without a problem, but the calf raises gave my hungover self quite a bit of trouble. Lesson learned, alcohol.
  • Hi Ladies. I had a ticker for my weight loss but it has disapperared. Can someone let me know how to attach it to my posts and my site? Thank you :)
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Patti--click on tools at the top of the page...that will take you to the tickers :)
  • sailorsbabydoll
    Ok loves, under carbs, got my lunges, ran 2 miles on the beach, and walked 2 miles! Have a great night!