Replies

• SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mashed up with a bit of tahini and sea salt
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have made this in my outdoor pizza oven. Ooo, now I'm craving pizza.

https://www.californiaavocado.com/recipe-details/view/31770/grilled-all-american-avocado-pizza
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,830 Member
    Options
    I've been smashing one up with Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute and a touch of salt then spreading it on an Ole Extreme Wellness high fiber tortilla. Sometimes I'll add some smoked paprika.

About 225 - 250 calories depending on how big the avocado is. It packs around 17 or so grams of fiber and keeps me full for hours.

Me too! I highly recommend that seasoning! although I use it on avocado chopped together with tuna and tomatoes, along with a bit of salt and some white balsamic vinegar.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    I've been smashing one up with Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute and a touch of salt then spreading it on an Ole Extreme Wellness high fiber tortilla. Sometimes I'll add some smoked paprika.

About 225 - 250 calories depending on how big the avocado is. It packs around 17 or so grams of fiber and keeps me full for hours.

Me too! I highly recommend that seasoning! although I use it on avocado chopped together with tuna and tomatoes, along with a bit of salt and some white balsamic vinegar.

Yum! I'm going to try that. Have you ever had it with crab? Sprinkle a little parm cheese on top and broil in the oven for a couple of minutes? To die for.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    in a pita with eggs
  • KelSquash
    KelSquash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Guacamole, on salads, but my Favorite is smashed eaten on whole wheat toast, sprinkled with cilantro, salt, and chia seeds!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,830 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »

Yum! I'm going to try that. Have you ever had it with crab? Sprinkle a little parm cheese on top and broil in the oven for a couple of minutes? To die for.

I haven't, and thanks for suggesting it! Sounds really good.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it isn't anything new, but I often grab a soft avocado and mash it up with a bit of lemon juice, garlic powder and a tablespoon of salsa. I spread it on toast or scoop it up with a few chips.
  • ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have done avocado with eggs baked in the hollow --there are tons of recipes but here is one-- https://tasty.co/recipe/baked-avocado-eggs

Avocado pasta is yummy, so is avocado mac and cheese. I like using it on salads best though, or as guacamole...I just love playing with recipes and trying out new ones.
  • teresakerekes1966
    teresakerekes1966 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 an avo and Herbamare (salt/herb) daily with my salad...which I eat every day at lunch. I put it in the salad and then when it is time to eat I smash it up and it flavors my greens instead of unhealthy dressing.
  • ChaBoiAustin
    ChaBoiAustin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GUAC
  • TammyLHaley
    TammyLHaley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My FAV is fried egg on whole grain toast with mashed avocado... salt pepper to taste sooooo delish!!! :wink:
  • TammyLHaley
    TammyLHaley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot.. another FAV chopped avocado with green olives lime juice salt and pepper Absolutely divine... :smiley:
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Chunky guac!!

Some of my coworkers years ago were from Mexico, and they made THE BEST guacamole. Avocado, salt to taste, lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, finely diced red onion and chopped tomato. I could eat it all day everyday.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    On toasted rye bread, with a mashed avocado spread with seasonings (garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper) and a fried seasoned egg and on top. Seriously yummy and filling.

I dice avocado up in a breakfast taco or eggs and even salsa.

I also like making guacamole for nachos and tacos/burritos.

Lastly I have a couple smoothie recipes I use avocado in as well. I can't taste it, but it helps with my fat consumption for the day.
  • kelseycannici
    kelseycannici Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sprinkled with Trader Joe's "Everything But The Bagel" seasoning! :D
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I can eat it in guacamole mainly. The citrus and tomatoes cut through the heaviness and add some much-needed flavor. I find it very bland, slimy, and heavy when eaten plain.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat it anymore

grilled cheese with a fried egg
    burrito wrap with hard boiled egg and cheese
    wrapped in bacon
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    guac and or sushi- that's it. Otherwise hard pass.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    squeeze of lemon with trader joe's 'everything but the bagel' seasoning :)