hello everyone

Options
I quit smoking a month before christmas, and my ultimate fear was gaining weight. I did put on 10 lbs (I know its not much but it was on its way up) but when I found this site a week ago, I was able to start paying attention to the food that I eat and the excercise that I do. I like the way this is set up, it is really user friendly.

Looking forward to losing and maintaining my weight and seeing the success stories from all of you.

Replies

• froglady1968
    Options
    I quit smoking a month before christmas, and my ultimate fear was gaining weight. I did put on 10 lbs (I know its not much but it was on its way up) but when I found this site a week ago, I was able to start paying attention to the food that I eat and the excercise that I do. I like the way this is set up, it is really user friendly.

Looking forward to losing and maintaining my weight and seeing the success stories from all of you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here, this site is so supportive, helpful and motivational. Everyone here is so nice and friendly. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you good luck with your weight loss journey, you can do this.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for all your success!! Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • kimdb
    kimdb Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey I am right there with you. I just started this five days ago. It does help me figure out what i need to eat and having to put it in the computer makes me aware of the foods I need and dont need. I feel guilty eating those high calorie foods so maybe before long i will be losing the fifteen pounds that I want to lose. Good luck and respond if you want to.
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! It's a very hard thing to do!

And welcome to a great site :flowerforyou: I've been here a few times before, though I always made excuses and ended up GAINING weight. Just stick with it and be honest with yourself and you will see your goals met and maintained!
  • kimdb
    kimdb Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job on your success! I know you feel like a different person. Keep it up!