New

Options
Starting out on this diet thing. I feel alone. None of my friends need to lose weight and I am an older person. Finding this very, very difficult.

Replies

• chroberts
    Options
    I hear you Issi. I'm older and losing weight with skinny friends too! Find a way to reward yourself every day. Something other than food. When I'm hungry I knit or go for a walk. Keep my hands and mind busy. I'm taking a lot of time to cook and make recipes using fresh and healthy ingredients. It takes a while to prepare good meals but is worth the effort! The last thing, don't give up. I've only lost 0.2 of a pound in the last 5 days but I'm not giving up. I know that if I burn more calories than I need to stay at my current weight, I will lose weight. It is worth the struggle but it is a struggle. Celebrate your small successes. They lead to bigger ones!
  • NativeFawn
    Options
    Don't feel alone. :) I am the middle size on im my circle, the only one who cares how I look and feel and I am the youngest. Friends from Face Book told me about this site. I am not quite sure yet my self how it totaly works but I have already learned some new things about food controll and tracking I didn't know :) you are more than welcome to add me and we can walk along together :) I have seen alot of realy useful topics and ideas, I'm sure you will to :flowerforyou: