rubbish day...eaten nothing

Options
I've had a pretty rubbish day so far. It's 6pm already and I have eaten nothing. Nothing at all. Nada, Zip. Diddly squat.

I don't know what to do in situations like this. I'm just not hungry.

Do I force myself to eat or what? I aim for between 1200 and 1300 calories a day.

Not much time left in the day to eat that many.

Any suggestions?

:grumble:

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You could always just turn this into a fasting day and pick up again tomorrow? Just don't do any exercise tonight. Trying to force feed yourself a full day's worth of calories in a few hours doesn't sound like it'd be healthy eating.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree that forcing a ton of food quickly isn't the healthiest thing you could do. I'm curious, do you feel like you have something emotionally going on that you feel out of control with? Emotional eating issues can include restricting food as well as overeating. I know when I am upset, I tend to not eat. If you don't feel like it is emotional, then perhaps talking with your doctor - might have something going on physically that would make you not feel hungry all day? Be kind to yourself - peace for your journey.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It is an emotioal problem yes, but trying to seek help in a country where you can barely speak the language makes things a million times difficult. I have very little or no support when it comes to things like this.

I don't feel like this usually. I eat regularly every day (breakfast lunch dinner) and rarely have a "don't want to eat at all" day. When they do happen though I just don't know what to do about it.

I don't plan to do any exercise today as I know that'll just be bad for me. I hate days like these.
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    In my research into healthy eating, I have read that eating breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the day. As I understand it, this is why we get hungry after we eat breakfast but don't get hungry at all if we eat none. So, perhaps try eating a small, light breakfast each day (even if you don't feel hungry) and see what happens. I do agree with everyone else though, you shouldn't force all your day's calories into a few hours so late in the day. Best wishes to you!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel like I eating, I start with something easy like a smoothie or protein shake. Good luck!