Exercise feels GREAT!

Options
I am new to daily exercise; it's not something I've ever done. My initial goal is to reach 5K steps daily. Due to me working a desk job for 10 hours a day, I have purchased a standing desk and I set 30 mins every morning, during a meeting, to walk briskly. I've noticed how great I feel during and after this exercise. My legs are tingling and my whole body get's more relaxed and limber.

Had to share my success!

Replies

• andy_dad
    andy_dad Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! If you're really digging those walks and standing desks then I gotta recommend a lifespan treadmill desks. I got one of these years ago and it's still kicking. It's a bit pricey but one of the best investments I've ever made, especially if you're able to work from home.

https://lifespanfitness.com/
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    OK, good for you. That's a great start.

I used to walk over a mile, each way, to an exercise class. The teacher gauged the class alone at over 10,000 steps. I was always surprised that people accumulated so many less steps then I did, but with cars and desk jobs, not everyone has that opportunity.

Do what you can !!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience when I started exercising regularly last August, and the thrill hasn't worn off yet - congratulations!
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone. I'm setting small goals of 5 K steps daily, then will increase to 7.5 K steps daily, and so on..... this is a lifetime adventure :)
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well done. :D Exercise does feel great. ..releasing all those feel good hormones . I absolutely feel so much better for being more active in every way.
  • MTmimi
    MTmimi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, glad to hear about your success. Sometimes I forget that exercise feels good.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    I also think setting a specific time with a reminder has helped me develop this habit. I'm also doing Taekwondo twice weekly for an hour and it seems to be easier to move better and build my endurance. I am on a natural high! Hope this lasts.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    Last work day this week and just jogged in place for 30 mins! I built up a sweat for the first time with this sort of activity. Must be doing something right ;););)