Pandora station?

Options
What are your favorite pandora station to listen to during cardio? Need some new tunes

Replies

• swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Running radio is my go-to.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Jock Jams!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I choose by artist. Static-X is one of my favorites.
  • jenchu1979
    jenchu1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    country fitness. Yes, I'm a hick.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Salsa & reggaeton mainly (Pandora). I forget the initial seed artist/song.
    Alternatively, bpm-range-specific playlists on Spotify (typically a lot of rap at the ~170-190 bpm range)...Running is one time where I can truly appreciate music that I could otherwise not stand.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    prodigy dance mix
  • Amr085
    Amr085 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie or Living Dead Girl station
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I roll my own.

My tastes are violently eclectic. Highwaymen, Bone, Prodigy, Lindsey Sterling, Dizzee Rascal, Garth Brooks, Nightwish, Meatloaf
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Zac Brown Band station
  • special_ed1977
    special_ed1977 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chevelle, avenged sevenfold, mudvayne, bullet for my Valentine; those are my favorite stations. I find if the music is hard I push harder.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Chevelle, avenged sevenfold, mudvayne, bullet for my Valentine; those are my favorite stations. I find if the music is hard I push harder.

If you want harder @special_ed1977 , Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Trivium, Hatebreed.
  • 14apfigley641
    14apfigley641 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga station. Those beats get me in the mood to move.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Dance Cardio and Power Lifting Metal. Both good beats and get me motivated.
  • special_ed1977
    special_ed1977 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Davidsdottir, I do hear some Trivium on the mudvayne station. Dying light is pretty good to if you haven't heard them yet. I'll check out your other suggestions too, thanks bro!
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Amr085 wrote: »

I have a spotify playlist with him, Korn, Pantera, and Sevendust. That keeps me moving through cardio and my lifts.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    BNY721 wrote: »
    Amr085 wrote: »

I have a spotify playlist with him, Korn, Pantera, and Sevendust. That keeps me moving through cardio and my lifts.

Similar here, but on Slacker.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Spotify. You can pick songs, not stations.

Pandora has had that capability for over a year now, Pandora Premium. And it's priced exactly the same as Spotify I believe. And Pandora is significantly better for radio-style play and and for making your own stations based on music you like. At least that was true of Spotify as of a year ago.

My big problem with Spotify back when I evaluated it was that you couldn't get a station with multiple genres based on what you like. On Pandora I have my "running" station that has a mix of pop, alternative, metal and hip hop and it will randomly play any one of those on the station I created. Spotify you could create a "station" based on an artist or song you like, but every song it played in that station was similar to the one you created the station with.

I will say I don't think Pandora has a free, ad-based, version of their premium service the way Spotify does. You have to pay to get that.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    GaryRuns wrote: »
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Spotify. You can pick songs, not stations.

Pandora has had that capability for over a year now, Pandora Premium. And it's priced exactly the same as Spotify I believe. And Pandora is significantly better for radio-style play and and for making your own stations based on music you like. At least that was true of Spotify as of a year ago.

My big problem with Spotify back when I evaluated it was that you couldn't get a station with multiple genres based on what you like. On Pandora I have my "running" station that has a mix of pop, alternative, metal and hip hop and it will randomly play any one of those on the station I created. Spotify you could create a "station" based on an artist or song you like, but every song it played in that station was similar to the one you created the station with.

I will say I don't think Pandora has a free, ad-based, version of their premium service the way Spotify does. You have to pay to get that.

I originally switched from Spotify because of the ads.. they often crashed the app on my phone at the time, and their premium service was WAY more expensive than Pandora's.