Do you carry on when your ill

Options
When your not well do you continue to log and be mindful of what you eat?

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yes but I usually up my calories to maintenance bc my body craves calories when I am ill.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I carry on logging but eat at maintenance, and tend to stick to walking for exercise whilst recovering.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    I might not log if I'm too sick to stay at home (a cold). But then I'm not fit enough to go out and buy food anyway. Thus if I'm lucky I still have something edible in the freezer, or I live of bread (as usual), pot noodles and whatever I can get at a shop around the corner. Most likely crisps I guess.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I do continue to log (unless I'm so sick that I'm not getting out of bed, but then I'm probably only having clear liquids anyway), but weight loss concerns take a back seat to getting better, so if I can eat more, I do (which, again, if I'm sick as opposed to injured I may not be able to -- I don't see any point in stressing my body by eating stuff that's not going to stay down).

Mindful? I'm mindful of what feels good and works with whatever kind of illness I have. Soft, cool foods and lukewarm or cool liquids if my throat is bothering me; bland foods if I'm having digestive issues; hot foods if I have congestion; convenient "comfort" foods if I'm achy and lethargic; spicy foods for a cold that's suppressing my ability to taste and smell.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yup continue logging :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Depends. When I had influenza, I didn't. Granted I don't think I have ever felt so miserable before. Between the chills, bodyaches, and coughing logging was the last thing on my mind.

Now if it's a head cold, stomach bug, sinusitis, or something to that effect I continue to log. I don't mind eating a little over maintenance during these types of illness. Basically I keep logging, but just let things fall we're they may. Once I recover, I get right back on track and any gain (if there is any) is usually gone in a few days. No point in putting more stress on my body than it already has fighting off whatever bug/virus I have.

If all I have is a bit of congestion I will do some light cardio, because it helps me breathe. Edit: At home. Right now I workout at home, but even when I have a gym membership I won't go to the gym sick.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I still log what I eat even though it's not much when I'm feeling sick.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    No, I usually don't eat much when I'm sick, I just sleep. I've always said the silver lining to being sick is losing weight because that's what usually happens to me.
  • thelegendofsakura89
    Options
    I generally don't have much of an appetite when I'm sick, but I still log anyway. Depending on the severity of the sickness I will still work out as well, just not at the same intensity.

...I actually had one of my best cardio sessions while I was sick with a cold. Friends and I spent all day playing Dance Dance Revolution as I'm downing cold medicine every few hours. lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Depends how ill. Like, fever, puking, etc no. Cold or something like that yes.
  • Kirstenmonicaflood
    Options
    Personally I don't believe in eating when I'm I'll, just water, and lukewarm water if my stomachs off, it just gives the digestive system a break and a chance for cells to renew. So I wouldn't bother logging, obviously ha because there'd be nothing to log. As for exercise, if you're not well I wouldn't do any and just let your body recover or something light only if you're up to it.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I would have to be in a coma to not log!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yes, and I still try to stay within my calorie goals, but I don't do more than very gentle exercise if I'm sick. It's not a big deal if you go over your calories while you're sick, though. The worst thing that could happen is that you'd gain a pound or two, which you'll lose once you return to your usual routine.