Any other scale maniacs out there getting pissed off!?

Options
Okay so i know you're supposed to weigh yourself once a week, if that..but im about to throw the scale out the window and weigh myself never!! I weighed in at 196.4 on Sunday (wooohoo!). I was 208 when i started about a month ago so that was exciting to see, i went out and had a cheat meal that night and then the next morning just wanted to see that happy weight again and weighed myself. Well nope! Disappointment followed as i was 199! The next day 198 and today 197 after super clean eating and working out. Now im here wondering why the hell am i not 196. Was that never my true weight? Was that a fluke!? Cause i know one day of cheating didnt make me fully gain 2 or 3lbs. Its frustrating because yesterday i was a hangry grumpy little biotch all damn day cause i just wanted my taco bell and i held strong and didnt eat any *kitten* because i wanted to see 196 on the scale again and NOPE!!! This just honestly makes me not even want to keep trying....i know im being a big baby right now-let me cry about it okay! Anyone else get frustrated with the stupid scale!?

Replies

• ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Also, not sure why this thing auto corrected one of my words to "Kitten"...did i curse!? lol
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh after a "cheat" meal I ate some ice cream (ok a whole tub of b&j) and put on 4lbs overnight it's all water weight unless you went over your maintenance calories by 3500= 1lb your weight will fluctuate naturally anyway so don't get discouraged you can do this
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    And for me, I've noticed that if I have a high carb day (I'm not eating low carb or keto, but I do tend to try to clock in under 50% for carbs), my weight will go up, so if I eat pizza or pasta or something like that, the weight will go up the next morning. It's water weight.

If I've worked hard phsyically, one day, the same thing happens - its water weight and will come off. That's why a lot of folks will tell you to look at your trend weight and not actual numbers. Stick with it - it will work! :)
  • angelsja
    Options
    Stupid weight loss trick #1. Drink an extra quart of water late in the day.

I found it amazing what just drinking more water does for me I now drink a UK gallon every day 3.78litres
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I'd lose weight from running back and forth to the bathroom all night :lol:
  • angelsja
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

At first yes you do go to the bathroom more but your body grows accustomed to it over time you will need to go less
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »

At first yes you do go to the bathroom more but your body grows accustomed to it over time you will need to go less

I drink plenty of water throughout the day; it's almost exclusively all I drink. However, I still find that if I drink too much close to bedtime, I'll have a night of disrupted sleep, so I keep it to a minimum after dinner :smile:
  • angelsja
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »

I drink plenty of water throughout the day; it's almost exclusively all I drink. However, I still find that if I drink too much close to bedtime, I'll have a night of disrupted sleep, so I keep it to a minimum after dinner :smile:

Oh yes me too I try to get all my water in before 7pm 8 at the latest otherwise I'm up in the middle of the night needing to pee then struggle to get back to sleep
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Ive been trying to drink more water as well but ill give the late night trick a try!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have a wi fi logging scale. I weigh once a day when I wake up and let the chips fall where the may. The way I see it more data points leeds to greater accuracy and I don't sweat the odd up days.
  • WolfDenOne
    WolfDenOne Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate by more than 1.5lbs in a single day. The scale is just a tool; one of many. Don't let it control you. I weigh once a week, at the same time of day. I never make my cheat day the day before weigh-in. Track your calories, track your exercise. Track your water intake. You'll be fine - promise.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    4mqodshk7rbe.png

This is what weight loss looks like. There are so many factors affecting it. You have to look at the big picture. Here's my 3 month trend (weighed every couple of days) compared to my 3+ year trend. The difference is incredible, isn't it?

fsc9bwtiwbau.png
    pjqy0utxho1h.png

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Look at your weight trend over time. Over weeks not hours or days.
    Weigh at the same time of day on the same scale under the same conditions. Don't compare weights from first thing in the morning to evening.