Weight loss after menopause and hysterectomy

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm at wits end with trying to lose weight. I'm at my heaviest (177) and log my food, count calories, teach fitness classes as well as do 60 minutes of cardio 4 days a week. I have no health issues, I sleep well, most night 7 hours. My down fall is I enjoy a large coke from Micky D's. I'm not giving up, but I really can't stand the way I fit and look in my clothes. Just had to vent.

Replies

• Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to give you advice other than to say: I had a hysterectomy last summer and it took way longer than 6 weeks for me to recover enough so that my work outs really made a difference. CICO did work a bit in the meantime in my case. When did you have yours?

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Physically, fat loss is the same after menopause or hysterectomy as before. You have to eat less calories than you burn off. Water weight can be problematic if your hormones are not controlled. And lifestyles can change with age.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    As @Need2Exerc1se said, weight loss is no different at menopause, etc.

You say you count calories, but do you weigh all your food and measure all your liquids.
    Errors in logging, so long as there are no untreated medical problems, are a pretty common cause for the scale not moving. Tighten up your logging for a couple of weeks, making sure you are using correct entries and see if that helps.

You don't say what your calorie goal is, or what rate of loss you are trying to achieve, but, if you don't wish to weigh and measure, try cutting 250 calories from what you are eating now.

No need to give up your Coke, just make sure it fits into your daily goal.

Cheers, h.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Can you have a small coke from Mickey D's. A large coke has a lot of calories. I love mt dew but I haven't had any in about a month. I am trying to drink more water. I was totally addicted to soda. I might still be but I am doing pretty good at staying away from it.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hey shsre a typical days log! What is your total cals? Age...height?