Looking for Active Friends!

Options
Hi, I’m Adriana :) I’m trying to lose 80 lbs. I’m looking to add people that are active on MFP. MFP has helped me get through Binge Eating Disorder, and that’s been largely because of the the support network it provides.

More about me: I’m 28 years old, I am a mom to an 8 year old girl, I have an amazingly supportive boyfriend, and I have bipolar disorder, social anxiety, (currently trying to fight my way out of) depression, I’m lactose intolerant and have PCOS. I also went through postpartum psychosis when I was pregnant.

I try to stay positive but I don’t ignore it when I feel bad. I think it’s important to be honest with yourself and deal with your emotions as they come up.

I’m running a 5K on April 1 and I’m more motivated than ever to accomplish this! It’s my first 5k. I want to share my journey as much as I can. Add me if you like, I hope we become friends! :)

Replies

• StarryEyed0
    StarryEyed0 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea I started my running journey 8 weeks ago and loving it I ran my first 5k 2 Weeks ago now I'm slowly adding distance. You can do it no problem! You sound alot like myself. I'm 27 and mum to a 2 year old I also have a problem binge eating and can I just say running has reduced mumy anxiety levels and I'm feeling better than ever. (Also suffer from depression) I get such a buzz wish I'd started sooner! I'll add you :)
  • paulerdmann1
    paulerdmann1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm with you friend. Active friend groups help me as well.
  • Tedo201
    Tedo201 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty active recently and expect to remain so for the forseeable future. Add me for additional support and motivation.
  • Eliziboo
    Eliziboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on here every day! I have lost 100 pounds and have kept it off for the last 2 years! I'm here every day! You are more than welcome to add me! The more the merrier! Accountability and friendship is how it happens! Youve go this! Best of luck with your 5K!!!
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • sirricelik
    sirricelik Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me!