Diabetes on border line

Options
I'm over weight and border line of having Diabetes. need to learn and stay away from the bad foods, and what fruits and other food is good. So I'm here to save myself.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You should be able to eat anything in moderation; a healthy diet is varied and balanced, not restricted to a few things.
  • hayleywalesuk
    hayleywalesuk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi, I was diagnosed with type2 last june. only advice I can give you is to try and cut down on the carbs, I never eat more than100 carbs a day,the lower the better. if you fancy a piece of toast have brown same with rice, pasta. I was 11stone 3 and am now 9 stone 9. xx
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have relatives with type 2 - the general guideline seems to be 15 carbs/snack (2 per day) and 40/meal. I don't know specifics, though
  • NicoleVT83
    NicoleVT83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My hubby was in same position and we changed everything, started counting calories, walking, drinking only water. Moderation is key, as was mentioned above. He was able in 6 months to lower all his numbers to healthy and no longer be close to needing meds or diabetes. Lifestyle changes will make all the difference.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    fbelzer1 wrote: »
    I'm over weight and border line of having Diabetes. need to learn and stay away from the bad foods, and what fruits and other food is good. So I'm here to save myself.

I was also diagnosed as pre-diabetic about two years ago. My doctor gave a food list as a guide, but not as a restriction. If you use your MFP chart to record everything you eat, you'll be able to see which foods to reduce and which ones to increase.

I was also told to increase exercise, and that certainly made all the difference.
  • fbelzer1
    fbelzer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone that makes me feel better with the advice