Did you guys hear about McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    This! Grow a pair and be a parent.

I do think there is a difference between a child having a little problem with eating and one that WILL NOT eat. It does happen and you have to try different things to figure out which your child is... but, how exhausted do you think you'd be arguing with your kid 3 or more times daily?

I've found that the phases change off and on.

Ha ha ha ha ha! That is the funniest thing I have read all day! If I only argued with my oldest son 3 or 4 times a day, wow, that would be just about the most peaceful day EVER. He argues ALL THE TIME. He can argue with himself in an empty room if there's no one else to pick a fight with.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is good for us! Our daughter is so tiny she's on a very high-cal diet and eats tiny portions - she won't eat more than 5 chips so now she can enjoy the apple (which will always get eaten!).
  • boopiejones
    Options
    we have three boys: 2, 4 and 5 years old. they occasionally go to mcdonalds, in-n-out or burgerking. they occasionally play video games too. but they are healthy - they typically eat home cooked meals, play a lot of sports, ride bikes, etc. i eat fast food more than they do, and i am perfectly healthy. good cholesterol readings, low body fat and blood pressure.

fast food doesn't have to be bad for you. you could easily cook up something worse than a quadruple bacon cheeseburger with ingredients from whole foods. choices... no one has a gun to your head.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mind you, occasionally I'll have a happy meal for a treat lol, I would rather have just chips at that time! ;)
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Apples have been an option in US for years. My son is 4.5 and if we ever go to McDonalds he gets apples. And always has. I don't think he's ever had fries with his meal. We sometimes get a small serving of fries and split it amongst 3 of us.
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You want your kids to eat healthy food then you don't take them to mcdonalds.

THANK YOU
    i was raised going to fast food places less than once a month, so that when i did i could thoroughly enjoy all my greasy crispy crunchy fries.
    that is how fast food should be eaten.
    and then go home and lay on the couch with a stomach ache from the nasty-ness.

parents who can't make the time to make their kids- and themselves a half decent meal at home are irresponsible.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Not sure why it didn't post my reply - but you once again did not comprehend what I wrote. Please STOP trying to tell me what I "meant" when you can't read. Thanks.

here is your reply:
    Ha! ONCE AGAIN, you did not comprehend what I wrote. I never said that McDonald's was responsible for any of those things. That was exactly my point, actually. Changing the small fries to apples makes no difference. Please refrain from "calling me out," as you put it. I really don't need you to tell me what I'm saying when you misunderstood.

you posted it incorrectly in the conversations already quoted instead of after the last [ /quote ].
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I babysat a 2 year old last month. In the morning, I sliced him up some bananas and got some cheerios for him. He shook his head and got out of his chair. I felt bad and tried several more times to try to get him to eat before his parents got back. I offered him scrambled eggs with some chopped up ham-steak and he shook his head and went and sat down. So i gave him juice and let him watch a movie. When his parents got back I apologized that I couldn't get him to eat.

She says "Oh that's alright, he only eats McDonalds" and laughs like it was funny.

O_o

I HONESTLY think my soul just died a little inside. :noway:
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In the States, there has been an apple and milk or apple juice for awhile...although, michelle obama is claiming SHE thought of this. She did not, it was implemented way before President Obama was in office.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it comical that some are talking about "kids nowadays" sitting on their butts being lazy and using technology instead of getting out and enjoying the day... while they type about it on an online forum. Ironic.

Thank goodness for free choice. No one forces anyone to patronize a business.

I'm a marathon runner and I choose to chat on an online forum. I don't think it's comical or ironic.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    This! Grow a pair and be a parent.

I do think there is a difference between a child having a little problem with eating and one that WILL NOT eat. It does happen and you have to try different things to figure out which your child is... but, how exhausted do you think you'd be arguing with your kid 3 or more times daily?

I've found that the phases change off and on.

Ha ha ha ha ha! That is the funniest thing I have read all day! If I only argued with my oldest son 3 or 4 times a day, wow, that would be just about the most peaceful day EVER. He argues ALL THE TIME. He can argue with himself in an empty room if there's no one else to pick a fight with.

I was just talking about the meals, not the other random arguments.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I heard Mcdonalds owns Chipotle not sure if thats true or not.
    Believe it or not....TRUE!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    First of all, I can tell that most of you do not have children. Like anything in life, moderation is key. You are missing some basic ideas of this whole thing. One, the caramel sauce is now not served, the apples taste like crap and McDonalds will no longer serve chocolate milk. The choice is white milk or soda pop. That is right, no chocolate milk, but a pop instead.
    This whole thing was forced on us by a nanny state in the US. People who overfeed their children on junk food are not buying happy meals, they add lots of other things to the diet along w/McDonalds to make their children unhealthy. I do not want Michle Obama telling me what my kids can eat, that is my choice whether I do it well or not.

whether you have two children or not does not outweigh the glaring display of your ignorance....
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    First of all, I can tell that most of you do not have children. Like anything in life, moderation is key. You are missing some basic ideas of this whole thing. One, the caramel sauce is now not served, the apples taste like crap and McDonalds will no longer serve chocolate milk. The choice is white milk or soda pop. That is right, no chocolate milk, but a pop instead.
    This whole thing was forced on us by a nanny state in the US. People who overfeed their children on junk food are not buying happy meals, they add lots of other things to the diet along w/McDonalds to make their children unhealthy. I do not want Michle Obama telling me what my kids can eat, that is my choice whether I do it well or not.

whether you have two children or not does not outweigh the glaring display of your ignorance....

Caramel sauce is served where I am. The apples that we have don't taste bad. McDonald's out by us DOES serve chocolate milk.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have three children 2 who eat anything and one who won't eat anything but bland food and other than breakfast she really won't eat unless its something bland or apples or cold carrots so could one of people who say starve them until they eat please tell me how long I have to wait its been 6yrs?
  • Dawn1084
    Dawn1084 Posts: 17
    Options
    it's strange but i feel about kid's eating habits the same way i do about my puppy. there is no excuse for them not to eat well or being overweight. i have control over what my puppy eats and i take it seriously. i would expect that parents are equally responsible for what goes in their kid's mouths.

it's my dream to have someone take care of my meals and snacks and put it in front of me :-)

and when i hear parents say he/she won't eat that....really? since when do you let kids dictate what they will/won't eat. there are so many choices, and cooking and meals are the best opportunity to get kid's introduced to good food in a positive way to save them from a life of struggle and poor health.

YES! I have a 4 year old and 1 year old and have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure. We do not buy unhealthy food now, I can't remember the last time my child ate at a fast food place! I have gained weight through my two pregnancies from being unhealthy and I will not let my children grow up with health issues and not knowing what they are putting in their bodies. The crazy thing about it is ..... I get crap all the time for teaching my children to be healthy!!!! I had a friend offer my 4 year old a doughnut and he said "no mommy says doughnuts are bad for our bodies" and this girl gave me crap she said "little kids should not be worried about stuff like that.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Has anyone seen the movie (documentary) "SUPER SIZE ME"? A guy gets a baseline physical (blood work, ekg, ...) then eats McDonald's for 3 meals a day for 30 days. It's not how typical people eat at McD's (is it?), but it is pretty scary how it messed up his body. But that isn't to single out just McD's, but for the whole fast food chains. This topic has gotten nasty / personal between some members. :frown:
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    it's strange but i feel about kid's eating habits the same way i do about my puppy. there is no excuse for them not to eat well or being overweight. i have control over what my puppy eats and i take it seriously. i would expect that parents are equally responsible for what goes in their kid's mouths.

it's my dream to have someone take care of my meals and snacks and put it in front of me :-)

and when i hear parents say he/she won't eat that....really? since when do you let kids dictate what they will/won't eat. there are so many choices, and cooking and meals are the best opportunity to get kid's introduced to good food in a positive way to save them from a life of struggle and poor health.

YES! I have a 4 year old and 1 year old and have a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure. We do not buy unhealthy food now, I can't remember the last time my child ate at a fast food place! I have gained weight through my two pregnancies from being unhealthy and I will not let my children grow up with health issues and not knowing what they are putting in their bodies. The crazy thing about it is ..... I get crap all the time for teaching my children to be healthy!!!! I had a friend offer my 4 year old a doughnut and he said "no mommy says doughnuts are bad for our bodies" and this girl gave me crap she said "little kids should not be worried about stuff like that.

I get the same from my daughters school she gets very agressive if she eats anything with colouring in it and when I said she can't have ant sweets chocolate ect they called me mean.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    my kids will only eat.... is a crock.

seriously!!! if you give them a nutritious tasty meal, and they don't eat it, fine, they starve, until the next meal, where they will be served the same thing again, eventually they will get hungry enough to eat.
    Thank you!..
    Now we just have to make sure parents stay parents and be the boss.

Granted there are certain things that some kids won't like (but they try)...

I have a friend.. in his 40's. Talking bout food. he says "Oh I don't like that"...... I asked have you ever tried.
    What do you think his answer was.
    "nope" He's never tried it, but doesn't like it.
    That started out as a kid, because his parents let him eat whatever he wants, and at his age, he still gets KFC once a week on tuesday when it's on special.

We w
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I am that 11% that purchase apples for my kids