RANT ABOUT WORK...WHILE AT WORK

sommerrosee2
sommerrosee2 Posts: 31 Member
okay, i just have to type this out so i can get through the rest of my day. why is it people feel the need to butt in when you are asking someone else a question? granted this person wasn't sure, but this girl just butts in and says 'oh well so and so just did this for me last week' when i explained this person had directed me elsewhere for help, and i couldn't remember where. She's like 'oh that's funny because he just did this' well, clearly he is not going to help me and i have zero idea why she feels the need to butt in and give me attitude because i told her that in my case she was incorrect. i do not understand the pettiness of females. we used to be on the same team and got along just fine, and then one day it completely flipped. EVERY time i speak she has something to say and then gets an attitude when i respond. COME ON! how old are we? i just think it's crap. and then to make it worse, like most offices we have our own IM system, so from where i sit i can see her talking S**** about me to other people. including a supervisor. why????? it drives me up a tree. nevermind the fact that EVERY morning she comes in and says hi to everyone else on my team but me(we're not on the same team anymore). i know i shouldn't care about any of it but i can't take it. i don't care that you don't like me, but stop being an a*** in a professional setting. its awful.

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Hoping the rant helped a little.

Being an adult and dealing with others working out how to adult properly can suck sometimes!

Hang in there!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    You care enough to take time to post about it to a bunch of strangers..

eta...Sometimes, no, all the time we have to put up with stuff or get a new job. Hope the rant made you feel better.
  • sommerrosee2
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    You care enough to take time to post about it to a bunch of strangers..

because no one is allowed to rant? it's incredibly frustrating because i have been dealing with it for a year.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Frustrating, I'm sure. Since this is a professional setting, have you taken her aside privately and asked her what changed? I'd ask her why the different treatment and is it due to something specific. Maybe she perceived something happened that you're unaware of.

Guess it's just my nature, but I wouldn't just sit back and deal with this without trying to resolve it first. You may not be able to, but it's worth a try. Sometimes people like that will change their behavior based simply on the fact that you addressed it.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited February 2018
    Go to hr. Bring screen shots of the im's
  • sommerrosee2
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Frustrating, I'm sure. Since this is a professional setting, have you taken her aside privately and asked her what changed? I'd ask her why the different treatment and is it due to something specific. Maybe she perceived something happened that you're unaware of.

Guess it's just my nature, but I wouldn't just sit back and deal with this without trying to resolve it first. You may not be able to, but it's worth a try. Sometimes people like that will change their behavior based simply on the fact that you addressed it.

yes, that has happened because it was causing some issues with actual work. i was set to train her and two other people on my team to learn a new system and process i had been testing. she actually refused to sit with me and learn the new process/reporting procedure. obviously my boss got angry and wanted to know what was going on. so she explained her side and to be quite honest, it was all a bunch of crap. she could not come up with one good reason other than "i don't want to" or "i don't care". it got no where. so my boss figured it would be a good idea to leave us in a room together to "figure it out". that did not go over so well. she freaked out and started yelling at me telling me all sorts of things to make me angry(talking about my personal life/health issues/etc). eventually it worked. i didn't yell but we were arguing and it ended up with me getting a write up, which even my boss knew was b/s but had to do it anyway. so we were pretty much just told to stay away from each other. which worked until today randomly.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Oh goodness! What a mess! Well, you tried and I'm sorry you were the one that was written up. Hopefully she'll move on and won't stay there much longer.Bad co-workers are the worst!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Pretty sure women were happier when they were housewives. We should go back to that.

Nah.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    The best way to get through a war at work is to bury your head in the sand.

Just kidding, that’s how you deal with a bad relationship.

Honestly though, don’t let it get to you. Maintain professionalism. Your superiors will lump you in the same category as her if the problem seems mutual. Brush off what doesn’t affect your work and address with her what does as it comes up. I mean she’s the kind of person who spends her days talking crap about people. She’s not worth your time.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Coworker can't come to work and bother you when she's got a broken kneecap if you know what I'm saying.
  • caco_ethes
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Coworker can't come to work and bother you when she's got a broken kneecap if you know what I'm saying.

Why you gotta swoop in and one-up me all the time?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

All I'm suggesting is she wait outside the lady's house when it's dark and hit her in the knee with a pipe wrench....if you know what I'm saying.
  • caco_ethes

All I'm suggesting is she wait outside the lady's house when it's dark and hit her in the knee with a pipe wrench....if you know what I'm saying.

I’m picking up a certain vibe but then we got that kind of connection that means I can read your mind good

5v5m6dyfe8dc.gif
  • sommerrosee2

I’m picking up a certain vibe but then we got that kind of connection that means I can read your mind good

5v5m6dyfe8dc.gif

Ahhh this is awesome!! You guys made me laugh. It’s just such a pain in the butt. I should also clarify that I know it’s also petty to complain about it, but it drives me crazy. And I can’t talk to anyone else about it because all of my “work friends” are her friends too. So it jut goes around in a circle. I like my job but I hateee the office culture. I honestly miss working my butt off in food service because everyone left me alone and the drama was never this bad. But we were also allowed to actually deal with it and not shove it away in the pile of b/s HR issues
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Document the behaviour with times, dates, evidence.

Request hr/it get their hands on the conversation logs on IM.

Speak to your supervisor as they shouldn’t be talking *kitten* or letting this other person talk *kitten* about you.

I repeat, document the times and dates as you saying they did this and that means little.