How to get slimmer legs/thighs

Options
My whole upper body is skinny but my legs/butt/thighs are not. How can I reduce this?

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Study science for decades and figure out a way to change your genes.

I have boney shoulders and tiny hips and jiggly thighs.
    I don't lift weights but still have a fair amount of noticeable lean muscle on the side of my thighs due to distance running featuring lots of hills, but my inner thighs just insist on retaining whatever extra fat I have to carry. Clothes shopping is a nightmare, no pants fit me.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    People have different body types, thanks to genetics. Sounds like you're a pear-shape, like me.

You can't choose where to lose weight from, your body decides that. Most often your problem areas are the last to go.

So I'd say: embrace the pear and let your weight shed off wherever it chooses to. Add in some strength based exercises to improve your overall look as well. Good luck!
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    Sure u can't reduce spot of your choise. Small advice I can give u by secret. You sounds like pear-shape. It means that your thighs have lowest concentration of Alfa-adrenaline receptors, in time when your shoulder and chest have plenty of them and allow u to burn fat fast. To help little bit with burning extra few grams of fat on you thighs, work with circulation. U can do massage of your problem spots before doing vigorouse exercise on this particular areas. In addition to calory defecit diet you can start some special program for thigh fat reduction. The idea to increase circulation of this area from outside and from inside your own muscles underneath of this fat create some additional blood flow.
    Start exercise on empty stomach, make massage on this area, than exercise these underlying muscles (better in super sets), than continue with cardio time 6-7min. Continue with superset followed by cardio (if u can intensive cardio, like running) or even better HIIT for 7 min (Running 1 min, walk 1 min,... so on for 7 min). Try to repeat all cicle 4 times. It will be hard, exhousting, but effectivly changing your shape, slow to burn thighs. If u have some steam left, go for 20-30 min of steady cardio after 4 cicles.
    Prepare for long and slow fight with this areas. If u are patient u can make this area very shapy. You can work around your genetics and make best of what mother nature had for you.

...I’m sorry, you said what now?
    Spot reduction is a myth that has been disproven time and again.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You cannot target where fat comes off unless you opt for liposuction, you possibly may be able to make minor changes to shape by building up muscle
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Calorie deficit. You can't spot reduce so the fat will come off from everywhere.

+1

However, if you want more muscle definition in your legs ... use them more.

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds and started running. I’m pretty sure it was the weight loss that gave me smaller hips and butt, yet I enjoyed the running. And the Zumba. It’s true that you can’t spot reduce but why not move more anyway?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Lift weights to build your shoulders to balance things out.