Running shorts/pants/capris

Options
Help me not chaff:( ugh, it hurts so much! I don't really run too much, but I enjoy running when I can. What do you recommend to stop the chaffing? I really don't want to stop running (like I had to today) because I'm rubbing so much to start a fire.

Replies

• kristinascott
    Options
    Awww hun im so sorry... i would def not wear shorts, it always seems worse in shorts... Now maybe you could try some of those really tight bicycling shorts under ur capris or whatever...& i would def put some baby powder on there to help!!! :) Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • lissarv68
    Options
    UGH...running shorts...the bane of my existence. I am forever in search of the perfect pair. I like to run with everything fitting right and comfortable, otherwise I'm thinking about that instead of the run itself. Why are shorts so tiny? Like I want half my butt hanging out when I run....yeah...not my thing.

I saw at Kohl's, Penney's, ****'s, and the Nike store these shorts this weekend that have leggings built into them. They may help with the chaffing since it will be the material rubbing together and not your skin?

The baby powder is a great suggestion.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of "shorts" that go down to just above my knee (so, not capri's but not short either). They are fitted so they don't rise up. I love them. Any other's i've tried ride up and I spend half my run focused on my shorts instead of enjoying the run.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bike shorts - they're long and tight fitting

Also, body glide.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Body Glide, Anti Monkey Butt Powder, Baby Powder. I get a lot of chub rub too. I run in regular running shorts now, but started in capri pants. I also have a couple of pairs of tight fitting workout shorts. Like bike shorts, but no padding. They are adidas, and I go them at Marshall's. I LOVE those!

Good luck. the Body glide and monkey butt powder will help too...
  • rairye
    rairye Posts: 27
    Options
    I know someone who uses deodorant to help with chaffing.. works for them
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Try Bodyglide SPF 25, Anti-Friction & Sun Formula. You can pick up at any sports store, like, Academy, ****s Sporting Goods, etc.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Try compression shorts. You can put "regular" shorts over them if you are self consious of wearing just the compression shorts. I even wear them under sweat pants or capris. Helps cut down on the chub rub.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I used to have that same problem when I started running. Now, not so much. But I still own two pairs of these shorts... and I highly recommend them:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?sitesrc=uslp=#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-383641/pgid-363859

They're basically the ones that have bike shorts underneath.. built right in. I like the feeling of compression anyway. And the compression part is a bit longer than it looks. Although it doesn't come all the way down to my knee... so you might need to try them on first to see if it's comfortable for you.
    And if you get capris, make sure they are compression. Cause some of them look like they fit tight, but then you start running and realize the fabric doesn't exactly do what you want it to do and might start.. sagging.

Good luck! I'm a big fan of underarmour/nike clothing when it comes to running. So I'd suggest looking there first :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I know someone who uses deodorant to help with chaffing.. works for them

hell yeah...buy the gel stuff...i even put it under my rings...my hands sweat so bad I put it on my fingers so my rings don't give me a rash...but I also wear bike shorts to keep my thighs from igniting. Just cotton ones you can buy at Walmart
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love my Under Armour Heatgear Capri Tights!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I wear my bike shorts or tights when I run.
  • kelseywray
    Options
    I've had that problem when I wore shorts and worked out. Baby powder doesn't help me and I found Monistat makes a chafing gel that works really well. it heals the chafing that's already there and prevents it from happening again. it's at target and it's pretty cheap and you just need a tiny bit. i only used it once a week on my upper thighs and never had a problem with chafing again. i would definitely recommend it.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I wear fitted workout capris with the nice stretchy yoga waistline. I can fold them up above my knees if I get too hot, but they're tight, so they help me jiggle a little less too.. ;) Coarse, at this point, I don't run outside...
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ahhh I just learned of this (Deoderant bar type thing) that my friend got at the Running Room. you put it on your thighs before running and no chafting... maybe try regular deoderant ? see if that helps? I personally LOVE running in Capris (lululemon)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Body-Glide-Anti-Chafing-For-Her.jpg

WOOP! Look there IS SUCH A THING!!!!!
  • lucky1304
    lucky1304 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How about a running skirt with built-in shorts? Skirt Girls has some cute styles, and those shorts seriously will NOT ride up. Otherwise, check to see if shorts with a longer in-seam might work better? I don't tend to have a problem with chafing and shorts except on really long runs (when I tend to stick with running skirts). Second the people that recommended body glide or something similar. I personally prefer the 2Toms brand that is in a deodorant-type bottle.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of "shorts" that go down to just above my knee (so, not capri's but not short either). They are fitted so they don't rise up. I love them. Any other's i've tried ride up and I spend half my run focused on my shorts instead of enjoying the run.

I bought two pairs of Nike shorts like this. LOVE them.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    compression shorts! i wear them for the gym and for soccer.
    also, swipe on a little deoderant on the parts of your thighs that rub/chafe, and that will eliminate it!
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i usually wear yoga capris or just regular capri leggings- theyre lightweight and comfortable!