Never Ate Kale Before.....

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
& my friend was tellin me how good it is...

But her recipe calls for making it just so high in calories. "/

Anybody have any good Kale recipes?!

Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• nrov5974
    nrov5974 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just rinse, dry, drizzle with olive oil and seasoning and bake for about 10-15 minutes... Kale Chips! :)
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i made kale chips last night. oh so good.
    i'm bought a huge bag of it yesterday at Trader Joe's for next to nothing!
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Wash and tear into pieces about the size of a potato chip. Spin to dry or blot with paper towel. Put in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Mix around with hands to coat the pieces. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 till crisp (15 minutes maybe). Sprinkle with a little sea salt if desired.

YUM!!!!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I like it just sauted with a little olive oil and garlic. Maybe a sprinkle of parmesan on it.. I do the same thing with spinach and swiss chard... love good leafy greens
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I just rinse, dry, drizzle with olive oil and seasoning and bake for about 10-15 minutes... Kale Chips! :)

I was gonna post the same thing... kale chips are soooo good.. I also like Rachel Ray's winter stoup recipe.. I LOVE KALE!

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/rachael-ray-30-minute-meals/red-and-green-winter-stoup
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Baked Kale tasted like Potato Chips
    Just tear it into chip sized pieces and coat evenly with extra virgin olive oil. Bake at around 350. The exact temp and time for baking can vary depending on how fast you want them and how crispy you like them. Play around with it a few times until you get it right. Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings as soon as you pull them from the oven. I usually go for a little Sea Salt but have used Garlic Powder and Cumin,Chinese 5 Spice,Old Bay Seasoning...Just watch out for the sodium. I use a measuring spoon when adding any salt, 1 tsp. is plenty for a small bunch. My kids even ask for baked Kale over Chips!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I start by heating some olive oil in a frying pan, then add 1/4 cup chopped onions, about 2-3 fresh garlic cloves chopped, heat til brown, toss in some cubed avocado, cook a few minutes, then add kale, drizzle with about a tbsp of olive oil and cook, stirring a lot, until the kale softens and turns nice bright green. I have it as a side with my lunch or dinner. it's super yummy. Occasionally I'll cut out the avocado for a really low cal snack.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Everyoe posted Kale Chips! lol:laugh:
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Kale and banana smoothie. 1 banana, bunch of kale, bit of fat free yogury blitz and it's ready.might need to play around with amounts to taste. Sounds horrible but it's yummy. I grew kale last year and had to get rid of it in different dishes.
  • misalice
    misalice Posts: 17
    Options
    I love Kale and so I decided to grow it in my garden this year... Holly crap, never realized how much 5 plants would make! I tried to make Kale chips once and they turned out horrible, I made a pasta that was really good. I guess I'll have to try the Kale chips again since everyone posted them... I have some recipes for soup that I am going to try.. If anyone has anymore Kale recipes please post! I have a ton to use
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a very good recipe for the winter, kale, shrimp and chickpea stew - served with rice. If you are interested in the receipe, let me know and I will send it to you.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I like to saute with a little bit of olive oil, onions, salt, and pepper. I always saute the onions a little longer so they are soft.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I just printed off a bunch of dehydrator recipes.. but they take over night to make, baking seems far quicker!
  • misalice
    misalice Posts: 17
    Options
    Definatly interested, please ad me and send to me misalice.

Thanks!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle it with onion, garlic and little sea salt, put it in the oven on 400 for 20 min or until dry. Great little chips for side dish or snack. I do it with all leafy greens.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.....................................they all sound so yummy!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I'll have to try the kale chip thing again. I tried them once, they smelled awful and tasted worse.