Can you guys help me?

Options
Hey, I just wanted to as you guys if what I’m doing is actually right. So I weigh 151 pounds and my goal is to weigh125. I created a fitness pal account and track a my food on it and I selected my goal to lose 2lbs per week and the app gave me 1310 calories per week in order to lose 2lbs per week. I also work out 4-5 a week, by doing weightlifting and HIIT once or twice a week. I was wondering if 1310 is a realistic calorie intake. Thank you!

Replies

• Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm about 150 now and I work out daily but notghing high intensity like you due to a brokeen back. I'm on 1200 calories (aiming for 125lbs) and it's tough. I would think that 1310 calories wouldn't fuel you for the workouts you do...good luck on your journey
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Ditto usmcmp. 1310 will most likely be hard to stick to with all that activity. You may feel tired, run down, and super hungry all the time. I will say that some people can do it and do just fine. I'm just not one of them. I need more fuel or I will give up and bury my face in a cake.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You’ll get there at 1310, but you might suffer needlessly. Go for 1# per week and eat back some exercise cals
  • uzitv
    uzitv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1310 intake per WEEK? OR day?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    uzitv wrote: »
    1310 intake per WEEK? OR day?

MFP wouldn't give someone 1310 for a week. They don't set calorie goals by week, they do it by day.
  • alamihailov
    alamihailov Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!! Your responses are really helpful. Lately I’ve been feeling less hungry and I assume that it’s because of eating less but I do have my days. My biggest craving is chocolate. I was wondering if it sometimes and if that chocolate bar has around 210 calories, am I still ok? I read that as long as I stay within my calorie goal then I should be ok. I do try to eat 90% healthy but sometimes I really want some chocolate.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!! Your responses are really helpful. Lately I’ve been feeling less hungry and I assume that it’s because of eating less but I do have my days. My biggest craving is chocolate. I was wondering if it sometimes and if that chocolate bar has around 210 calories, am I still ok? I read that as long as I stay within my calorie goal then I should be ok. I do try to eat 90% healthy but sometimes I really want some chocolate.

A chocolate bar is fine from time to time and won't keep you from losing weight if it's within your calories. I have a small piece of chocolate almost daily.
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options

Definitely include treats if you want them. Don't deprive yourself. Just make it work with your calorie goal and you'll be much happier.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Individually wrapped Ghirardelli minis. Trust me here.
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options
    ^^^ Yes, and Lindt Lindor Truffles.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hey, I just wanted to as you guys if what I’m doing is actually right. So I weigh 151 pounds and my goal is to weigh125. I created a fitness pal account and track a my food on it and I selected my goal to lose 2lbs per week and the app gave me 1310 calories per week in order to lose 2lbs per week. I also work out 4-5 a week, by doing weightlifting and HIIT once or twice a week. I was wondering if 1310 is a realistic calorie intake. Thank you!

You should eat all of the points mfp gives you based on your settings plus then to eat back some if not all of your excercise calories.

Your body needs extra fuel for your workouts. And consider adjusting your pounds loss per week setting from 2 to 1 if you still feel hungry between meals or snacks.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yeah, you don't have much to lose change your rate of loss to 0.5 pounds.
  • alamihailov
    alamihailov Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! And I realize I said 1310 per week when I was supposed to say per day lol. Yeah I can’t give up chocolate entirely.