Looking for friends - I just committed to Keto diet to lose 138 lbs and get over emotional eating

Options
I'm 338lbs and would like to get to 200 lbs in 18 months or less.
I have gotten down to 200 lbs once before through diet and exercise.
I'm looking to get myself more motivated and maintain motivation.
I'm looking to stop emotionally eating.
I'm looking to get back on track faster if/when I fall off the wagon.
I feel SO much better when I'm on track and losing weight, but emotions tend to get the best of me and my discipline can go out the window.
I'm hoping that by keeping in touch with some buddies that have similar goals that I can better "stay in the zone" and keep discipline in.
I've noticed that when I am journaling my exercise activity (or lack thereof) and journaling my food that I am more mindful - so I've got to keep that up.
Message me or friend me if you're looking for an accountability buddy :)

-Gary

Replies

• sarmp7
    sarmp7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) you can do this!!
  • AJs50th
    AJs50th Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you... i totally understand about the emotional eating!
  • stephaniesarty
    stephaniesarty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started keto on monday!! I'm totally an emotional eater.. hoping I can kick that
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    Gary you're in good company! Always struggled with emotional eating but recently I've found a way to keep it at bay. Feel free to add me to share the adventure.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is so supportive, we'll all be here for you!!
  • willowlefae
    willowlefae Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a keto newbie and need more friends to help me stay on track. I have about 150 to get rid of so it's going to take a bit but I know it can be done.
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • HalaMadrid94
    HalaMadrid94 Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm not following a keto diet , just keeping it under my calorie goal & trying to eat better! I have 140ish lbs to lose so it's pretty daunting :worried: feel free to add me if you'd like , always happy to give & receive support!