Weight loss prediction

Options
When you were losing weight, on a scale of 1-5, how off was your projected weightloss?

Replies

• FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    20 completely off scale! lol

Seriously, I have typically always been good the first two to four weeks, and I predict the right amount. Then things go haywire. I am hoping for different outcome this time around.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    20 completely off scale! lol

Quoted for truth
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Waaayyyy off. I seem to think I can lose weight just by thinking about it. Imagine my surprise when it doesn't happen. This time I am determined to be more realistic. The trick is to not let your expectations sabotage what you are doing. Surround yourself with positive people (my family is amazing). Keep at it, never give up.
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    weight loss wouldnot have been an issue if we could measure our exact calories in and calories out. it is totally unpredictable. sometimes good sometimes bad.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I lie in bed in the morning and I think to myself, "I feel thinnish and kind of hollow. Light even. I bet I've lost at least a couple of pounds." NEVER HAS HAPPENED ONCE! But, in all seriousness, if I log correctly and stay within my goal, I lose weight. Slowly, but surely!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    If I looked at the day to day, a 20. If I took the time to plug the day to day into a tracker and looked at the trend over a few month, a 1 or 2. The dips and bumps along the way make everything look bad on the small scale but if you look at the big picture things are usually spot on if you are following a plan and staying consistent.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Interestingly I made a spreadsheet and plugged my daily weight in (and calories) to see what my predicted weight will be at the end of March. Now my intake and exercise are relatively consistent and I have a few weeks of data to make a reasonable trend.

Now, despite a fluctuation of over 2 lbs in 2 days, my predicted weight is still almost exactly the same. Time will tell if it's accurate or not though...

Almost everyone will find it hard to predict daily fluctuations, except predicting a weight increase the day after a heavy training session and excessive carbs... that's pretty easy ;). Keep an eye on that long term trend though, as long as it's heading in the right direction then daily pr weekly predictions mean sweet fa.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!