HELP me to get back on track...PLEEEAASSEEE ;-((

Options
Hi guys,

I have just had almost a month of holidays and although I have not gained a massive amount of weight, I have completely lost the drive and motivation to get back on track and back to my disciplined old self.

My appetite has opened up and my excercise regime was totally ignored and now am really struggling to get back into it. I know I can do it again but what I would really like right now is some positive real experiences that people can share with me that will make me feel that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE dealing with this kind of feeling/emotion.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, because I will be dammed if I put on everything I have worked SO SO SO hard for up until now.

All the best,

Sylvia.

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I feel like that alot, but i push on because I dont want to be how i am!
    Its late here and thats why i havnt exercised today.....lame excuse! Tomorrow will be a better day!!!
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Summer is the absolute worst time to stay on track!!!!!!!!!!! Too many parties, weddings, graduations, cookouts, ice cream (yum) grab-and-go food because you're too busy to do anything else.

Life returns back to normal and so will you. This month you will rock it as most of the crazy fun stuff is over. (by crazy fun, I mean too much food and too little exercise) :smile:

You know you will do it! :flowerforyou:
  • powerthree
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. If you work out two days out of seven don't say ughh I missed five days. Insteed say Yippie got two days in this week next week I will do three. Basically concentrate on your ACCOMPLISHMENTS and not on your fallbacks!!!
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Listen we all have holidays and we all like to enjoy them and that means that our diet and exercise routines go out the window and that is ok because its a holiday its not a longterm thing but eating healthy and keeping fit are longterm so think about things today and say to yourself ok i have enjoyed my holiday maybe now i should think about easing myself into things again. Stick in a walk today if you can something light to start things off and just remember that you are doing this for yourself and no one else it it you who will get the benefits from it in the end.

Everytime i have a bad day or bad couple of days i keep reminding myself of why i am doing this i have joined many diet classes in the past and followed there systems but i never had any longterm results and since i have joined here i have lost 2lbs and i have been jogging three times a week (i am on week 4 of couch to 5k) this two months ago i wouldnt have even gone for a walk i hated exercise that much but i pushed through. I have decided not to weigh myself and go by how i feel in myself and how my clothes feel as i used to focus so much energy in the numbers on the scale that if i went up an ounce i would be miserable.

I am looking towards dare i say it christmas and i am hoping to be a much healthier fitter person than i am now.

Remember small steps is the key to easing back into things. You can do it i believe in you
  • granneybec
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just came back from 2 weeks of vacation (I didn't weigh on vacation) and saw that I had gained 2 pounds. I just looked at my before and after pictures of when I started and it made me determined that I do not want to go back to the befores pictures! Just look at where you have came from and where you want to be and jump back into the good habits.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When I read your post I see motivation there "I will be dammed if I put on everything I have worked SO SO SO hard for up until now." Just the fact that you even wrote the post shows determination! You are beautiful and can do whatever you put your mind to. You can't undo the yesterdays, you can only focus on today! One day at a time girlfriend, one day at a time :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you, but did want to say you are NOT alone. The month of July did me in and I now weigh more than the "ceiling" weight I had set for myself after losing 48 pounds. NOT GOOD! I know that if I don't get this train wreck under control, I will end up right back where I started, and I do not want that. I am trying to take it one day at a time; some days, one meal at a time. BUT realistically I need to get back exercising cause counting the calories isn't enough on its own. I feel your pain and can only say that I think both of us know what we need to do....we just need to recommit to doing it for ourselves!
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I know the feeling!!! I also just had a month of vacations, summer picnics, weddings, just everything blew me off track!! Today is the first time I logged into Fitness Pal for a month. I gained back almost 2 pounds and I am struggling to get my energy back. Amazing how easy it is to slide back to lazy health habbits, but SO difficult to get back to feeling good, But, I am getting back on track TODAY! I have a decent food plan for the day & I am starting my first day of 30 day shread. I am taking before pics & starting measurements today when I get home from work.
  • Sly77
    Sly77 Posts: 21
    Options
    Aww guys! Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring comments, the general feedback is to remain positive and take one day at a time and feel proud of what I have achieved so far.

Also, not to beat myself up about not being so good recently but to move forward and get back on track.

Much love to you all x
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This happens to all of us. If you think about your healthy eating like a straight line like this A___________________B. With "A" representing where you were before and "B" representing where you want to be, the quicker you get back on the line the faster you will meet your goal. We all fall off the line on occassion - cause life happens (holidays, vacations, parties, etc.) but remembering how good we feel when we eat healthy and how sluggish, achy, and mentally down we feel when we don't eat healthy - can be the motivation to get back to your plan and moving forward toward your goal again! Good Luck on your journey.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Some of the best advice I've ever received, and given is simply: Don't look for time to go to the gym and eat right, make time.

Live your life with that little philosophy, and it all gets a lot easier; I promise!
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Aww guys! Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring comments, the general feedback is to remain positive and take one day at a time and feel proud of what I have achieved so far.

Also, not to beat myself up about not being so good recently but to move forward and get back on track.

Much love to you all x

You certainly summed all of the comments up! Your comments read by others will help them (they helped me)! You'll do it, we'll all do it!
  • vcabrera33
    Options
    u can do itt!! dont wrry that happens to me all the time .. we all have fails but its ur chose to get back up!! :smile:

9891245.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • otgrouch
    otgrouch Posts: 21
    Options
    I also just got back from a 9 day vacation... I had gained 5 pounds... In two days I have lost three of them...That's just by starting to watch what I eat and I went for my walk as well...It is hard to get back into the routine of things..You just have to do it even for one day and the next one will surely be easier...One day at a time...Good luck:smile:
  • Mymimumo
    Options
    You are not alone. Today is my first day on track. You can do it, I know, you DID it before remember.
    Focus on your goal and on what you can do, day to day, for now.
    I hope you succeed and give inspiration to the rest of us.
  • epbihs
    epbihs Posts: 1
    Options
    I am sorry you are going through this challenge. But I know how you feel. My Mom died 2 years ago and my Dad died 1 year ago. I am an emotional eater and I got into a frenzy. I went through a summer of learning how to bake and tasted everything more than once. I couldn't control myself and every time I felt ant type a sadness I would cook and eat my way into a state of numbness. I didn't think I would make it out of the spiral I was in. I gained 10 pounds last summer - and I felt awful. I went to the doctor a couple of months ago and talked about the reality of what I was doing. All that being overweight means and what it can do physically to me. I told my husband I needed to get my head back in the game so he and my daughter left me alone one weekend. I had a chance to be alone with my thoughts - to talk myself through what I was feeling with having lost my two closest confidants and how everything was going to be ok - I just needed to start taking care of myself again. I matter -- and my health is important. I have now lost 13 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I have to keep talking to myself.

Remember --- you matter - everything about you matters. You can get your head back in the game. You did it before - you can do it now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You really can do it.
  • marilou32
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling! After my mini vacation and my summer semester finally ending, a part of me is still in need of the relaxation I have been longing for all summer. I feel like I have been working my butt off all summer long with no room for R&R! It has been one project after another and I have just launched my idea for a second income and it has really been exhausting! Running outside hasn't gotten any easier with this heat wave here but now that a couple of things are out of the way, I just want to enjoy that little piece of pleasure if I may! LOL! The words of one of my teachers "folks...it doesn't get any easier and it never will so you must accept that!" I throw this quote towards all things I find too difficult to complete! It's tough to slip away from a health/fitness goal for a while and then come back to face it! I haven't gone for a run in two weeks! I guess we just gotta face our slip-ups head on, accept it, and get back up to push on towards the goal again. We gotta remember why we started this goal in the first place and how amazing we felt week after week when we accomplished mini milestones! Life will most certainly get in the way but as long as we can still see that ultimate goal in the distance, we've still got a chance to make it. Each day or week that goes by is another opportunity to change up our routine and get back out there!
    My latest challenge....MONEY!!! FOOD is always very costly but my new budget (which is forever changing) has still allowed me to keep my goals alive! No weight gains on both our ends so MFP has totally made an impact on us! Now we just need that push!!!
    This week I push for at least 3 - 4 days of activity! I have been trying to get back into the habit slow by swimming at the pool and over the weekend I went to a golf driving range for the first time! My arms and back are killing me but it was great to experience something different..it was refreshing! I assume my legs will get running any day now!
    No worries girl...give yourself a few days to get back into it...start off slowly by going for a swim or doing yoga!
    I know you can do this...hugs!

PS...that is AWESOME you got a months worth of HOLIDAY! I only got one weekend and a day! Where do you work hahahaha!!!