New to this whole thing

Options
You know how it goes...you go to the store to buy a new outfit and in the dressing room, you realize that the cute pair of skinny jeans won't pull up past your thighs. You think to yourself "when did this happen?!" and look back on your life for the past year. The giant plate of donuts in the breakroom at work, the all you can eat buffets you went to, the giant whipped cream covered coffee drinks... it's all making sense. I always heard that your metabolsm slows when you get older, but I never thought I had to worry about that. I saw people on TV shows trying to lose weight and thought to myself: "I'm so lucky I'm not overweight!" Like I said, looking at myself in the dressing room, trying to stuff myself into those skinny jeans I was in total shock: I AM overweight and I am NOT happy with myself like this!

As a first time serious diet-er, I am aware that it's not going to be easy... but the stakes are high. I am getting married in 33 days! My dress is a little tight. At this point, I just want to make sure that it zipps up easily on my wedding day and that I don't have a giant back roll... I can tackle losing the rest of the weight later. After all, alterations cost money, right?

Anyway, just looking for some support and encouragement and tips since this is my first time taking this seriously :) And if you're in the Albuquerque, NM area, that would be SUPER awesome. I need motivation to actually get off my rear end and exercise.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    first of all -congrats on your upcoming wedding!! secondly - congrats on wanting a new/healthy start and third- you can do it!!

Logging your food and really watching calories will be a huge step. Next, add in cardio and weights and then up your protein. You will look fabulous on your big day!! Good luck
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this site, I was able to buy 2 bikini's that I'm not mortified to be seen in, lol.
    Don't get me wrong, I still have a LONG way to go but, what a feeling!
    Congratulations on your decision to get healthy and all the best on your wedding day!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • jkincaid0202
    Options
    Thanks so much to you all! :happy:
  • gsnap30
    gsnap30 Posts: 67
    Options
    welcome! congrats on the wedding! mine is next may.
  • amymsbailey
    Options
    Ok so congratulations on your up coming wedding........I just wanted to tell you I workout on on elliptical/stationary bike at least 30 minutes everyday.....sometimes an hour! Yes I break it up into smaller times all to add up but it still works! I have also done some of the cardio and weight lifting videos. If you can spend 15 minutes a day filling in your food and exercise diary and another 30-45 minutes working out......It WILL pay off! I lost ten pounds in two weeks! I keep my fitness pal logged in on my computer so that when i open my lap top it's there to remind me! :) Feel free to add me if you want..... Having friends for support always helps!