Loosing my last kilos

Options
Hi all, my name is Vanessa and I am from Malta. I ve been on a diet for a year now and till last august I managed to loose 15kilos. This was done by a good diet plan together with 2 times a week weight lifting training. Till then I am stuck again and I am pushing really hard to try and loose my last 5 kilos.
Myfitnesspal app really helps me tracking the amount of calories intake. I look forward to meet people who got stuck like me and wish to loose a few more kilos.

Nice to meet you all

Vanessa

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    The last 10lbs/5kgs takes the longest because as we get closer to goal our bodies burn less calories as we are smaller in size. So we need to usually reduce our calories a bit more.

What height/weight are you?

Do you use a food scale and accurately log every single thing you eat?

It takes really tightening up the logging for those final pounds but its doable. Aim for 0.5 lbs/0.25kg a week loss at this stage.

All the best.

Ruth
  • vanivassallo
    vanivassallo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ruth,

My current weight is about 86 and i want to be 80. Last year I was 101. Yes I use a scale as I have my weight of each ingredient on the meal plan. I still use this app to write each ingredient and grams to make sure I do not eat more than I should hehe
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hi ruth,

My current weight is about 86 and i want to be 80. Last year I was 101. Yes I use a scale as I have my weight of each ingredient on the meal plan. I still use this app to write each ingredient and grams to make sure I do not eat more than I should hehe

Then just keep doing what you're doing, I found moving a bit more helped also cutting out one snack was a factor. Even try changing one snack for something lower calorie. Its just a matter of trying to cut and few calories here and there and you'll lose. Did you notice if MFP has reduced the calories you are eating? that should have happened with each 10lbs lost.

If you aren't already set to lose 0.25kg/0.5lb a week, change your settings now and see what MFP gives you.

Also do you eat back exercise cals? while you should eat most of them back sometimes the burns given are over inflated so be aware of that too.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hello, I lost ~10kg through fad diets, IF, guess work before stalling and joined MFP with 9kg to go ... now I only have 3.5kg more

Logging everything and adjusting has been an eye opener to why I kept failing before ... you cant argue against CICO .. as long as you can figure out what affects CI and CO the weight continues to come off
  • vanivassallo
    Options
    hi Ruth

"Also do you eat back exercise cals? while you should eat most of them back sometimes the burns given are over inflated so be aware of that too."
    I did not quite understood this please sorry.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ok sorry I'll explain better, the calories MFP gives you do not include any exercise, so if you do a workout you would then manually add that workout on the app. That will add the calories burned to your calories and bump them up. You should eat most of those back as that's how the app works. Sometimes the calorie burned for certain exercises are higher/over estimated so that's why I'd say eat say 50-75% of them back to allow for over estimation. Hope this helps.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Why I was asking initially if you ate the exercise calories back was because if you were and hadn't been losing then it would indicate you were eating too many of them back.
  • vanivassallo
    Options
    oo i see...i never inputted the exercise to be honest with you. I will write them up then. However if I have 1400 calories i stick to that even if i burn calories i do not eat again if you know what i mean
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Alot of people think if they eat them back they wont lose but the biggest reason for not losing is that we eat more than we think.
    In your case if you are truly only eating 1400 calories a day you would still be losing so you need to look at your tracking of your meals. Tighten up your logging.

I always eat my exercise calories back, when I was losing my calorie goal was 1450 to lose 0.5lb per week, any exercise I did (walking/running/strength training) was added so I was eating usually an average of 1700 cals and STILL losing 0.5lb a week on average. Any time I would have hit a stall/plateau - as in I didn't lose for more than 4 weeks I knew that I was eating above the 1700 cals. Once I tightened up my logging, everything I ate was logged, I would be back losing consistently again. Calories in/calories out works.

And it will work for you too. Be patient.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Did you notice if MFP has reduced the calories you are eating? that should have happened with each 10lbs lost.

I did not know MFP did this, and haven't noticed a change in my calorie goal! I'm glad I came to this thread.

I am down to the last few KGs too. Although the loss has slowed it hasn't stalled (yet..)
    But... I am obsessive about weighing EVERYTHING I eat, right down to the last peanut. If I wasn't it would be easy to make mistakes and eat the wrong things, and slide over my calorie goal.

I hope things start moving for you (OP) again soon.

(I love Malta btw!!)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @sytchequeen you're going about it the right way, have patience you will get there :smile:
  • vanivassallo
    Options
    Yes it think it is working now that I am eating according to my meal plan exactly and doing exercise. I was nibbling there and there and saying that it is fine...but it is not and i am fed up on the 86..i want to be 80 which is think is enough and i do not want to get skinny hehe.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    The nibbles can add up so if you are aware of them and can stop them you'll be fine. Sounds like you're pretty happy where you're at so its not the end of the world anyway.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    A few things you could try 1st increase your calories intake switch around your macros increase or decrease whatever is too low or high right now. Sometimes take a week or two training allow your muscles to rebuild. But don’t overeat you can walk instead of doing strenuous exercises.