Hungry all the time :(

Options
Hi all,

I’m so hungry all the time

Diet started just a few days ago, I worked out (just running 3.1~ 3.3 miles - 28~29 mins) only three times so far. I often worked out before, so running is not really a new thing to me. Except that I didn’t run in a row. I ran Monday tuesday and wednesday, took a break today, and will run tomorrow and Saturday. I love running very much. I can feel that it’s good for my body.

I need to eat around 1700~2000 not to feel any stress about food. My craving for food becomes even bigger if I run that day. MFP told me to cut down calories to 1550 to lose weight, but that feels too small for me, I snack little by little and

Replies

• batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In my experience: The first few weeks are pretty bad but then it gets easy, after about 3 months it gets very hard again as cravings grow. That slowly fades, and it becomes easy again.

I eat 1500 a day as a 6'1" male. Drink a protein shake after working out instead of a meal. I drink either Muscle Milk PRO or Protein Premier. ~160 calories and they keep you fuller throughout the day in my opinion. Outside of that, make sure all other liquids are 0 calories, basically only drink water.

If you eat the right things you can munch almost all day and still fall below 1500 calories. Veggies, Fruits, etc. If you are the type of person that just wants to throw a meal in the microwave and still lose weight, try Healthy Choice Cafe Streamer meals. I've personally lost 46 pounds over the last 5 months and I eat 2-3 of those meals a day. The only frozen meals I would recommend and they taste amazing.

Personally I think running every day is very bad on your joints (especially if you need to lose weight) and it'll come back to bite you in older age. Hope you have running shoes and replace them regularly.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    First of all, hunger is worst in the first few weeks. It takes me 2-3 weeks after reducing my calories to stop feeling hungry.

Secondly, are you eating your exercise calories? If you're following the myfitnesspal method, you need to log your exercise and eat the extra calories it gives you, otherwise you will undereat.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I find I feel much less hungry when I get more protein (I try for 100g/day) and eat a larger breakfast than I used to (around 400 calories).
    With all your activity, you might need to up the calories a bit. Better to lose a little bit more slowly and not feel deprived (which can lead to failure). Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight? MFP gave you a calore target to lose at the rate you told it you wanted to lose weight. You're also supposed to eat back exercise calories. If you're hungry, you have to eat more, or better, or both. If you just want to eat (comfort, boredom), that's something else.
  • willsreb
    willsreb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I control hunger by getting as much protein as I can, and for both lunch and dinner I have a decent portion of veggies to help keep me fuller for longer. Veggies help me a lot with this problem, since they are only a small amount of calories for a decent portion!

I do cardio 4-5 days a week, and I find that on those days I am always hungrier and eat slightly more calories.