I can't seem to eat all of my calories...

Options
I have been using my fitness pal and It's mad at me everyday because I'm not eating enough calories. I don't want any more food. I have been actively working on my eating habits for almost 2 weeks, and I know it seems early, but the scale isn't changing like I think it should. I exercise every day and have been for 4 months. I'm just super discouraged because I can't seem to move that needle on the scale.

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    So just to be clear you've been working out for four months but trying to lose weight for two weeks. Is that right?
    If that is the case you just need to give it more time. It's not a plateau if you've only been at it for two weeks. Weight all of your food. Guessing at calorie counts and measuring by volume isn't accurate. We can help more if you give us more info. Current weight/calorie goal/goal weight/activity level.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. Buy a food scale. Make sure you’re eating 1200 net calories regularly.
  • kelisuj3593
    kelisuj3593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No I don't use a food scale, but can you explain what you mean by "my logging is off"?
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    No I don't use a food scale, but can you explain what you mean by "my logging is off"?

She means you may be understating your calories. Alot of foods you scan actually have the serving size for half the packet etc
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

That you're eating more than you think you are, most likely, if you aren't weighing solids, measuring liquids, and choosing accurate database entries
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I have been using my fitness pal and It's mad at me everyday because I'm not eating enough calories. I don't want any more food. I have been actively working on my eating habits for almost 2 weeks, and I know it seems early, but the scale isn't changing like I think it should. I exercise every day and have been for 4 months. I'm just super discouraged because I can't seem to move that needle on the scale.

Are you weighing/measuring your food? If not then I would do that. Don't guess. Are you including all oils, butters and spreads you include in meals? If you drink tea or coffee be sure to include whatever you put in those.

I feel you on the needle not moving. I am having the hardest time this go-round with losing a pound and just keeping that off. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I'm doing all the same things I did in years past when I've lost weight and gotten to goal.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options

If you haven't been using a food scale then you are likely overeating each day. I would start logging what you eat after weighing/measuring.
  • kelisuj3593
    kelisuj3593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new here so i'm not sure how to reply back to certain people. I completely see what you're saying about weighing/measuring my food. I will work on that. I'm keeping my diet very simple and only eating homemade, or fresh foods. I haven't put any recipes together so what I am eating is very simplistic. Chicken/salad/(and I do measure my dressing)/fish/fresh veggies/eggs. i have to do that in the beginning because I am a candy/crap food lover. So this eating healthy is probably a big shock to my system. I'm not a big "meal" eater so I'm used to having snacks. I have been typically eating egg whites or smoothie for breakfast/chicken and salad for lunch and then some type of fish/chicken and fresh veggie (steamed) for dinner. I will get a scale. But what happens if i'm still eating below the 1200 calories?
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options
    Planning your meals ahead of time will help you get to your calorie goal. Also, at the end of the day a spoon and a jar of peanut butter works. Or Nutella. Or a couple of pieces of chocolate.
    You should also consider eating some of your exercise calories. Maybe 50%?
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options
    You can reply to specific posts by clicking Quote at the bottom of a post.
  • FaithSevio
    FaithSevio Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    They say to eat at least your BMR each day. I know if I don't eat enough several things happen: I am hangry, tired, my body doesn't recover easily from working out, I have no energy, and all I think about is my next meal. My brain is foggy and by 3 PM I am almost falling asleep at my desk. Food is Fuel!!
  • chelliz88
    chelliz88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP again on New Years, I realized that eyeballing does NOT work for me. I always thought that I was doing okay...until I was portioning. Then the weight started falling off.