Any other scale maniacs out there getting pissed off!?

Options

Replies

• YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Use Libra or HappyScale to track the trend over time, there's just too much fluctuations otherwise.
  • Desrosig59
    Desrosig59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get the same situation all the time. I'm weighing myself after every morning run I do. So if I don't run on a particular day, no scale. If I run in the afternoon, no scale. So I'm a little heavier during the winter months because I don't sweat as much during winter runs. It's also related to hydration. If you drink 1 liter of water, it's 2,2 pounds. So long story short, I like the daily weigh-in but analyse on a weekly/monthly periods. Cheers!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Body weight fluctuates...weight loss isn't a linear progression...weight loss looks like this...

weighttrendgraph1.gif

I love this graph. Where did you get it?
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I too have had issues with drinking lots of water late in the day and waking up to pee. But I've learned to sleepwalk to pee. And I'm getting better at it - on average, I find the bathroom 2 out of 7 nights!!!!!!!!!
  • WendyJoy76
    WendyJoy76 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! sometime I just want to throw that sucker out the window! LOL there are so many factors to why our weight fluctuates during the day /week, what we eat,when we eat, what we drink, how much, to little , salt intake ( for women that time of the month :/ ... just give it more time and eat right and exercise :) good luck! you can do this !
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    fdhunt1 wrote: »
    I too have had issues with drinking lots of water late in the day and waking up to pee. But I've learned to sleepwalk to pee. And I'm getting better at it - on average, I find the bathroom 2 out of 7 nights!!!!!!!!!

Are you like my sisters boyfriend who would on occasions find a dresser drawer instead of the bathroom!? hahah
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If your “cheat meal” was restaurant food it was probably full of sodium, which can cause water retention, which shows as temporary weight gain. Don’t panic. It’ll go away soon.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Its hard not to compare yourself to what others are experiencing with regard to weight loss. People losing 10-12 pounds a month and you work your butt off, each clean, record what you eat, do IF, carb cycling, don't each back your exercise calories, drink gallons of water and lose 3 pounds. WTF is right. I don't get it, but I am determined to not give up. I would love to hear from those of you that have had gotten great results consistently. Please help us lol
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I no longer weigh. I go by my clothes. It’s taken the whole scale obsession out of the way. I have no idea what I weigh these days and I’m happy about that. I always close my eyes at the docs.
  • franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Scales don’t lie, but they do tell incomplete truth. Gained 6 lbs this week. I got an attitude for a couple minutes but then I dropped another pants size today. That’s 3 pant sizes in three months. Exercise duration and intensity increasing. No eating out last week. Tail end of virus. Hit macros and calories. You can’t always predict body weight week to week. If it takes 12 months or 2 years I not going back to sedentary. Sedentary=Cemetery
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you and it’s taking everything I got not to give in and binge. (Why does it make us feel better to know others are struggling?!) but it does so thanks for posting. This is two weeks and no budge on scale and I’m only a month in! I did notice my pants were a bit more loose so I’m hanging on to that thread of positivity so I suggest maybe you take measurements to see progress. I am thinking mine is sodium related but doesn’t make it easier to simply have patience and wait it out. I would LOVE to be at your weight so perhaps that’s some little small comfort?! Don’t give up..or you will be where I currently am which is way way far from that weight that I was (that you are at) two years ago. However, even as I’m writing this I know I’m trying to convince myself to not give up..it’s so hard!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    While the usual advice is to weigh once a week, for me anyway it helps to weigh more often - you just have to maintain a perspective and understand why you're fluctuating. For example I am up a pound today because I ran 10K for the first time yesterday and my legs are sore and holding water. I know I'm not up a pound of fat, because I know what I ate! Now, if I get plenty of sleep, not sick, well rested for two days, using the bathroom regularly.... and I'm still up... I double check my logging and make sure that "tablespoon" of peanut butter in my morning oatmeal hasn't gradually turned into two tablespoons. Then there's nothing to do but sit back and wait.

It takes 3500 calories over maintenance to gain one pound of fat. So if you didn't eat that, you can relax.
  • rach3116
    rach3116 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Totally normal! It can take me a week to loose water weight sometimes, but I know if I’m consistent that the fat loss is still continuing. Also, a good sweat sesh gets my right quicker too. Stay with it lady, you got this!
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    joone_9 wrote: »
    I’m right there with you and it’s taking everything I got not to give in and binge. (Why does it make us feel better to know others are struggling?!) but it does so thanks for posting. This is two weeks and no budge on scale and I’m only a month in! I did notice my pants were a bit more loose so I’m hanging on to that thread of positivity so I suggest maybe you take measurements to see progress. I am thinking mine is sodium related but doesn’t make it easier to simply have patience and wait it out. I would LOVE to be at your weight so perhaps that’s some little small comfort?! Don’t give up..or you will be where I currently am which is way way far from that weight that I was (that you are at) two years ago. However, even as I’m writing this I know I’m trying to convince myself to not give up..it’s so hard!!

girllllll trust me i know its so difficult! Really though ive been having some better days and just accepting that the scale may not always move. As long as youre doing everything you can, thats what matters. Dont cheat yourself though, dont pretend like youre doing great and logging everything if youre sneaking that handful of chips every night (not saying you are, but some people do that). Just keep faithful to the logging and like you even told me, if you can feel it in the loose-ness of your pants then something is working! thats what i keep telling myself. I just got really down with the monotony of the same fcking meals everyday so i made some new foods recently and i was excited cause they taste delicious! My goal weight is 185 (im pretty tall) so im about 12lbs away from that! Stay Strong!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    ZDeb16 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Body weight fluctuates...weight loss isn't a linear progression...weight loss looks like this...

weighttrendgraph1.gif

I love this graph. Where did you get it?

just a picture from the internet...I have my own in a different app, but I don't know how to post that...plus it would look pretty boring 'cuz I've been in maintenance for 5 years...
  • WolfDenOne
    WolfDenOne Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Log faithfully - no cheating. Drink your water. Exercise at least 30min/day, 3 days/week. Don't eat your exercise calories and shoot for a daily surplus of 400-500 calories. It'll come.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Okay so i know you're supposed to weigh yourself once a week, if that..but im about to throw the scale out the window and weigh myself never!! I weighed in at 196.4 on Sunday (wooohoo!). I was 208 when i started about a month ago so that was exciting to see, i went out and had a cheat meal that night and then the next morning just wanted to see that happy weight again and weighed myself. Well nope! Disappointment followed as i was 199! The next day 198 and today 197 after super clean eating and working out. Now im here wondering why the hell am i not 196. Was that never my true weight? Was that a fluke!? Cause i know one day of cheating didnt make me fully gain 2 or 3lbs. Its frustrating because yesterday i was a hangry grumpy little biotch all damn day cause i just wanted my taco bell and i held strong and didnt eat any *kitten* because i wanted to see 196 on the scale again and NOPE!!! This just honestly makes me not even want to keep trying....i know im being a big baby right now-let me cry about it okay! Anyone else get frustrated with the stupid scale!?

This is why, so you don't drive yourself crazy. If you're allowing yourself to get this emotional over a number (a number that is normal and expected to fluctuate daily!) on a scale, then it's definitely time to put the scale away for a while and just focus on staying on track.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    WolfDenOne wrote: »
    Log faithfully - no cheating. Drink your water. Exercise at least 30min/day, 3 days/week. Don't eat your exercise calories and shoot for a daily surplus of 400-500 calories. It'll come.

Is this advice for cutting or bulking... I'm confused.
  • KotoMalli
    KotoMalli Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I constantly feel frustrated after getting on the scale! This week I decided no more and to count my calories as I used to. Right now I am at 176 and I'm far from feeling comfortable in my body. My goal weight is 145, so 30 lbs to lose. I'm on my first week of strict calorie counting but am counting on keeping it up!
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    KotoMalli wrote: »
    I constantly feel frustrated after getting on the scale! This week I decided no more and to count my calories as I used to. Right now I am at 176 and I'm far from feeling comfortable in my body. My goal weight is 145, so 30 lbs to lose. I'm on my first week of strict calorie counting but am counting on keeping it up!

Your exactly the same weight and goal as me :) I'm down 12lb since 2nd January