I Am Half The Man I Used To Be...

Options
nicklc182
nicklc182 Posts: 122 Member
Hey everyone!

You may have seen me post here before on the odd occasion to post my progress and stuff but here's a little about me so far...

So back in January 2016 I was your quintessential slob who would call 6 bags of crisp and 4 chocolate bars a 'light snack'. Weighing in at 300lbs with a height of 5ft 8in, I was most certainly severely overweight. A trip to the doctors confirmed my worst fears, I was pre-diagnosed with diabetes and heart disease, meaning if I didn't change then the grim reaper was going to be calling.

So I decided to change... I quit the bad food eating better things like baked potatoes, veg, chicken and more. I started to workout more with walking and 30mins of cardio 3 times a week. Pretty much immediately I started to lose weight and over time I upped my training to 5 times a week doing things like HIIT, swimming, jogging and more!

So where am I today? Well I am legitimately half the man I used to be weighing in at 150lbs! Some crazy things have happened since like becoming a media ambassador for Diabetes UK, meeting pro wrestler DDP and being his guest of honour on his UK yoga tour, being the face of my gym chains marketing campaign promoting healthy lifestyles and I'm currently working on becoming a qualified gym instructor

Replies

• Bavieca
    Bavieca Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing work!
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! congratulations!
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Good job man! I hope you have that sad moon shirt in a smaller size cause that's still a pretty good shirt haha. :D
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    Amazing!!! Well done
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow..that's outstanding! Very well done.
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing change! Good job!
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am impressed with your accomplishment! Being 1/2 is my goal too.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is an amazing accomplishment! :)
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow! :D
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed! Thank you for sharing.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! Well done you! You look great!
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job sir! Has weight loss helped with your singing/playing guitar on stage? Did it improve your stamina?
  • dariusshaw
    dariusshaw Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started going to gym this week on Tuesday Monday doesn’t not count I would think because I only jogged in place for 30 min at home. Anyway It’s Friday now and I been in gym since Tuesday I machine hop because idk what I am doing besides following the images on the equipment. Made a schedule leg day machine Monday Tuesday Chest maybe chest wensday too Thursday back and whatever else. Each day after the machines I do 30 min walk on treadmill sometimes a little burst jogging as well. Does this sounds ok to do my rest days are gonna be Saturday and Sunday but I might have to cut down to 3 days a week idk yet. Also my diet is poor I would say I bought a air fryer tho does those things help? I only eat catfish steaks and chicken now with broccoli but I have pork ribs in fridge too idk about those. Sorry for the long paragraph I am just trying to learn.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!